WN8 Color Mod

Go to solution Solved by Aslain,

I have a question to this mod:

some years ago a "green" player started at ~1600 WN8 and today I have seen a player with 1680 and still yellow. Do you change these values 

over time or why do we have that behaviour?

Thank you.

• Administrator

I didn't change anything regarding colors and thresholds since years. Maybe you are using different scale in the XVM profile settings? Provide some proofs, screenshots + replay.

• Administrator

Oh... Now I remember that the rating colors option you chose uses dynamic threshdolds between rating colors, and these threshdolds change over time, depending on certain factors that I don't remember anymore. You can find out by asking about it on the XVM forum (koreanrandom). Since then, in my modpack, I don't use fixed threshdolds between colors in 6-color ratings. Therefore, it's possible that something that used to be green is now only yellow. This means that the 6-color ratings are more up-to-date than all others in the modpack because, in the case of 8 to 10-color ratings, the transitions are permanently defined, which may not fully reflect the intentions of the creators. Anyway, current values can be seen in the link posted in previous post.

• Administrator
  • Solution
10 hours ago, DevilLordAT said:

Ok thank you, but why do these values always grow? Are not more bad players around nowadays?

Thx

The expected WN8 values are fluid values so they change over time, which is why the values for the transition to other colors change. If you want a very detailed explanation, ask the creators of xvm.