Probably a false positive but

I would like to post that info but my AV deleted the file and rebooted my system. I can not find it back in the history.

I thought I download the old installer to run it through virustotal but it is not listed in the old installer download section despite it being listed in the download topic.

Like I started out with, I know it is probably a false positive but I think it is important to report these things as not everybody "just trusts" this site

the fact it is not in the old downloads page however tells me something definitely was wrong with it ;)

the filename metnioned was what I posted btw Aslains_WoWs_ModPack_Installer_v.5.3.1.03.exe

Edited by Mavadelo

I would like to post that info but my AV deleted the file and rebooted my system. I can not find it back in the history.

I thought I download the old installer to run it through virustotal but it is not listed in the old installer download section despite it being listed in the download topic.

Like I started out with, I know it is probably a false positive but I think it is important to report these things as not everybody "just trusts" this site

the fact it is not in the old downloads page however tells me something definitely was wrong with it ;)

the file-name mentioned was what I posted btw Aslains_WoWs_ModPack_Installer_v.5.3.1.03.exe

It is always that file... that's the executable.

It's not on the old download page because it is obsolete, and contained mods that were not properly functioning with 0.5.3.1

That is an old version of the mod by the way. And, since Aslain sets up the link thru his server, if it is a virus you'll have to blame him. All you're doing is either scaring people who don't know any better or trolling. Next time send a private message to Aslain, he responds promptly.

the file-name mentioned was what I posted btw Aslains_WoWs_ModPack_Installer_v.5.3.1.03.exe

It is always that file... that's the executable.

It's not on the old download page because it is obsolete, and contained mods that were not properly functioning with 0.5.3.1

That is an old version of the mod by the way. And, since Aslain sets up the link thru his server, if it is a virus you'll have to blame him. All you're doing is either scaring people who don't know any better or trolling. Next time send a private message to Aslain, he responds promptly.

If you can't respond normally please shut the f up. I am posting this in the proper place ISSUES and bugs. You probably don't even know what the old downloads page is for or have even looked at it as it is full of your so called "obsolete" installers including the versions directly before and after said version. Leave responding to the people that know what they talk about. Djeez, a massive twelve posts and he thinks he is the boss...

• Downvote 2

No worry, had a bad day myself :)

I do not post to scare people or blow things out of proportion but to inform the people responsible for the mods. I have made mods for other games myself and have a website for those as well. My mods are not hugely popular and still I get about150 private messages a day. I assume that Aislan, seeing te popularity of his pack,  get's much much more of those. His Signature states to post bugs and issues in here so I do to make sure he or other mods see it. I know it is not an issue and a false positive and these things can happen but I also know I would appreciate it myself if people tell me about it in the proper place I made for that purpose :)

oh and I hugely dislike trolls, wouldn't dream of trolling myself unless it is trolling a troll lol

Edited by Mavadelo