Unwanted sound mods?

Hey, so ever since pack 9.14.10 (I'm not sure if 09 does it as I haven't tried that one) all the way up to the new 12, when installing them as usual with all of my old settings and such I now have, what seems to be sounds modded in for the 6th sense and module damage. I've check, re-checked and tried versions 10/11 and 12 and it's all the same. On version 08 it's completely fine and I have nothing different checked for mods since then. Is this a known bug that's yet to be fixed or? I've resorted to just using 08 but with that version some of the other mods I like don't work with it.

Logs are from .12 version.

Thanks.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Mods sometimes get checked/un-checked without you doing anything.

Just hitting "next" in the installer doesn't mean that only the mods, which you previously had selected, get installed that way.

Please take a minute of your time, run the latest installer and actually go down the list of mods.

Make sure that things you want are selected and things you don't want aren't.

If you don't want to go through all the trouble, simply check if only the sound mods are selected (without you doing anything) and share your findings.

As I said in my original post I checked and re-checked the mods, there are no sound mods enabled and everything is the same, unless I missed them through multiple looks through the list. Perhaps you should take your own advice and take a minute to read through the post properly before typing your very "helpful" reply.

I see a new version as just came out, I'll try my hand on that one and see if I still have the same problem, CHECKING the mod list also.

My apologies that I didn't get the gist of your text correctly.

To me it read like "I've checked and re-checked different versions of the installer", instead of "I've checked and un-checked the mod in the installer".

Although, you might say that it's worded poorly.

In any case, if you could test it again with the latest installer and make sure that no sound mods are selected, that would be very helpful indeed.

Well, it was followed by stating that I had tried different versions straight after that, but never mind.

As luck would have it, update .13 seems to have fixed whatever the issue was, no more annoying sounds.

My logs are still there if they might be useful for whatever reason, if not feel free to delete this topic.

Well, it was followed by stating that I had tried different versions straight after that, but never mind.

Hence my conclusion that you only checked different versions. But yea, a misunderstanding and to be fair, you always have to assume the most simple/stupid mistakes first.

Not every user is completely capable and/or tells you the whole truth.

I'm glad that your issue is fixed regardless.

You could check if there is a sixthsense.bnk file in your res > audioww folder as well.

I think that it got created on the first iterations of the installer and is probably useless (and might have caused the issue).

But before deleting it, maybe Aslain could comment on that.

That's fine then, I guess.

Probably has been dealt with after .05 and your issue might have been something Aslain patched up recently then.

Even if the problem is resolved, I find the thread useful nonetheless.

Thx for putting in the effort of trying out the newest version and checking on that file.

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

Unwanted sounds comes from XVM, they are totaly reworking sounds there, and we are using a dev version of mod which is unfinished towards sounds yet. I'm still learning how to mod them in XVM, every day they are adding something new there.