Player stats--intermittent

Sounds like an issue with you getting the data from xvm.  I do not have any such problem here on the EU servers regularly.  Maybe once every few months for only one game or so and if I go to xvm's website, I will see that it is down for maintenance etc.  Next time it happens, go to the xvm website and make sure that you are signed in.  This may give you a clue as to what is up.

DID notice I had stats every time when I played strongholds last night, but anyhow, I go the the xvm site every day (well, there's a patch nearly every day as well) It's been this way since the last great game update that wrecked xvm. I suspect there's something about my install that contributes to it, no idea as to what

I suggest reinstalling the modpack following the instructions that Aslain included in the "How to report an Issue or Bug" thread in this section of the forum.  Doing so will eliminate a lot of variables.  Once that is done, then post the needed logs here in this thread and maybe someone will be able to diagnose the problem quickly.

Are you using the nightly versions of xvm from the xvm website, or are you using only what Aslain is putting in the modpack?