Aslains Installer v.3.8.1 download speed is horrible, times-out

During the install of release v.3.8.1 today, when it gets to the point where it has to fetch files from a server, for downloadable mods, the Download speed is 24kbps and slower. So slow that it timesout.

New Host? DOS attack? Something is not right, all previous versions had no issues.

Yea, have to take the time of the day into account, it's evening on a friday in the EU and early friday afternoon in the US.

It's prime-time for downloading, since every last person came from school/work/friends and wants to kirr tanks!

• Upvote 1

Since it's not a Bug / Issue of the modpack/installer, and it's just traffic related... I will mark this as solved, there's nothing more we can do ,well maybe we just have to buy SNASA ( Secret NASA B) ) servers. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Since it's not a Bug / Issue of the modpack/installer, and it's just traffic related... I will mark this as solved, there's nothing more we can do ,well maybe we just have to buy SNASA ( Secret NASA B) ) servers. :D

Or we just need to use alien technology, which let's you have everything on the internet immediately and for free. =o

Unicorn-servers, maintenanced by elves, that have a pot full of gold at every end of the download. =3

I second this. Maybe I'll just hack into NASA's servers... no one needs to know, right?

1. Hack or buy NASA's servers.
  2. Download Aslain's Mod Pack.
  3. ???????
  4. Profit.

Aslain's Global Popularity exceeds his download bandwidth - congrats  :D

=) Which is a good thing, kinda.

Still sucks for downloads but it's a great thing that "some random dude" with knowledge and a desire to improve the gaming-experience (for himself and many others) get's so popular with it.

No doubt about it that his efforts were incredible but his fans gave him the chance to become big as well.

I'm just glad that so many ppl appreciate his work, even if there are still the odd haters.

Good things deserve to be praised. =)

• Administrator

I think we need NASA servers to handle all DLC :) Like I said the current server is even up to 15 times better than before. It's like on 0.9.1 release I had only small server to handle it, for 0.9.2 the difference is like 15 more server and it still barely handles it when the user traffic start to download.

I think we need NASA servers to handle all DLC :) Like I said the current server is even up to 15 times better than before. It's like on 0.9.1 release I had only small server to handle it, for 0.9.2 the difference is like 15 more server and it still barely handles it when the user traffic start to download.

Drive a tank through the traffic. That should get you through.  :ph34r:

• Upvote 1