Hitlog issue/problem

I have noticed that when I hit and/or kill an enemy tank who is not illuminated, the hitlog does not register the hit, damage, or kill.  I routinely destroy tanks after they go dark, and it would be nice to see the hit log reflect that damage, hit, and kill.

I noticed the same behavior in the previous version with 0.9.1 also.

I can see the correct results in the summary screen so I'm sure the game knows.

Thanks for providing this mod.  it is awesome. I apologize if this is posted in wrong area....I wasn't sure

P.S.  tried to upload log files per instructions but received message that I was not permitted to upload.

What BeGin said.

Mods aren't supposed to give you more information than you'd normally get (although some of them do), they should mainly just improve their visibility, if you want.

According to WG, that would be considered cheating, since you'd have more info available than your enemies (unless they used the exact same mods) does.

While I agree if it recorded hits on unseen foes it would give you confirmation and an advantage, it is interesting to note that on the XBOX version when you hit any tank (or spot one as well) you get confirmation via the game that you hit it.  Even if it isn't spotted.

At least it was that way I only played it for a week or two.  And then very sporadically, and that has been a few months ago.

Thanks for your input.  I guess I didn't do a good job of describing the problem.  The game is fully aware of the fact that I killed the tank.  I get one of the various messages "enemy knocked out, got Him, etc".  Also, at the end of the game in the summary screen, I can see the tank listed in the damage panel, see how much HP I took from him, and see that the kill was registered.

Killing stealth tanks is a built-in capability of the game, and therefore I do not see how updating the hit log to reflect those actions could in any way be considered a "cheat" or give an "advantage" since the game records and displays those same results.

So if this is a limitation of the API....fine

If this cannot be accomplished because the author doesn't have the time...fine.

I simply reported the issue, and would like to have some definitive feedback on the issue from the developer/author.  I am, after all just trying to help a great mod

Killing stealth tanks is a built-in capability of the game, and therefore I do not see how updating the hit log to reflect those actions could in any way be considered a "cheat" or give an "advantage" since the game records and displays those same results.

It's a built in capability of the game and when you kill him you get confirmation.  But if you are shooting at a non spotted enemy you don't know whether you hit him or not until you kill him.  Having your hits recorded would be confirming that you hit him when otherwise you wouldn't know if you hit or missed him.  Also it would further give confirmation as to his location.

They've ruled that the damage announcer mods that show hits you take from unseen foes banned on the NA server for essentially the same reason.  That is why Aslain and most modpack authors have made an NA version which complies with that ruling.

I don't see how this would be any different.

It's a built in capability of the game and when you kill him you get confirmation.  But if you are shooting at a non spotted enemy you don't know whether you hit him or not until you kill him.  Having your hits recorded would be confirming that you hit him when otherwise you wouldn't know if you hit or missed him.  Also it would further give confirmation as to his location.

They've ruled that the damage announcer mods that show hits you take from unseen foes banned on the NA server for essentially the same reason.  That is why Aslain and most modpack authors have made an NA version which complies with that ruling.

I don't see how this would be any different.

This is not accurate, I hear the message the "That one Bounced" or "Enemy Hit"  when Im shooting a target that has gone dark,  As arty, I get the message that I killed the target if I make a lucky shot....I really dont see how having the hits recorded in the hit log unbalances things.

Well, you don't always get those audio messages though, at least I know I don't, even if I hit the enemy.

Therefore the hitlog would have to distinguish between those different types of hits - those that are announced to you and those that aren't.

Which would be pointless again, since it still won't tell you all the damage that you caused.

And as has been stated before, getting information that is normally not available to you is considered going into the realm of cheating.

I understand that the game itself records all of those hits and displays them to you AFTER the battle but it doen't make those infos available to you during the actual battle.

So you aren't supposed to have this information, for the reasons stated by pab.

You can't confuse information that the game has and information that the game actually shares with you.

You could read out tons of information, for example all enemy positions, but you aren't supposed/allowed to have all of that information.

Idk, that's merely my take on it and I'd rather be safe than sorry in that respect.

If all your hits would always be announced to you, then the matter would be a bit different.