On editing XVM/OTM configs

(This is not a mod request, but instead a question on the topic of modding. I did not feel that this thread belonged in any other board, so I decided to post it here.)

I remember years ago there was a graphical editor for XVM/OTM which made it easy to make changes to your config and see the changes in realtime (http://www.lrdstudios.com/xvm-editor/). This tool has since been discontinued. I was told of a tool called XCpad which is a text-based tool that replaces it, but have not found any way to download it.

I intend to create my own OTM config to suit my own taste, how does one go about doing this in 2019? What is the typical workflow of an OTM modder? Is it just Notepad++ with a dozen tabs open? How then do you observe the changes?

The very first hit on google for XCpad is the reddit post that takes you to the original XCpad thread: https://koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/4691-xcpad-мультифайловый-текстовый-редактор-для-xvm-конфигов-версия-110-дата-07012018/ (You have to have an account on koreanrandom to download the XCPad.zip file attached to the post)

However I don't really see much point in it, since there's Notepad++ already.

As for looking at changes, I use WinMerge: http://winmerge.org

And if you modify configs, while still using Aslain's modpack, you can look into using the custom mods folder to do your edits each update.

Look at the readme file in: \World of Tanks\Aslain_Modpack\Custom_mods\

2 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

(You have to have an account on koreanrandom to download the XCPad.zip file attached to the post)

I see. I had no account on that website before clicking the link, hence why I came under the impression that it was a dead link.

3 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

As for looking at changes, I use WinMerge: http://winmerge.org

NPP already has plugins for comparing text files;- What I was referring to was visual changes.

I could change X/Y co-ordinates of different screen elements all day, but the only way (that I know of) to check if these elements are in the right place is to open the game which takes time.

I think your only option of checking positions would be using a replay.

Or taking a screenshot, and manually having a look at where the element you're moving would go, if you move it 10 pixels to the left, you can mark whatever it is on the screenshot, and move it 10 pixels to the left, so see where it would go.

38 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

I think your only option of checking positions would be using a replay. 

Takes too long to open the game and skip forward to a meaningful part of replay just to check such minute details - A process that may need to be done dozens of times before the intended result is attained.

39 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Or taking a screenshot

What if one needs to look at extended OTM? Alt+PrtScrn does not work.

4 minutes ago, Arbystrider said:

Takes too long to open the game and skip forward to a meaningful part of replay just to check such minute details - A process that may need to be done dozens of times before the intended result is attained.

What if one needs to look at extended OTM? Alt+PrtScrn does not work.

I don't know of a 'workaround' for the OTM part, when it comes to screenshot. Maybe someone else does.

I suppose you could test the extended OTM on allies, since you can press ALT right away when opening a replay, during countdown.