Unable to Enter Arty Mode (either)

I have been having an issue trying to enter arty view/arty mode;   when I press Shift (my SPACE BAR is mapped to change from arcade to sniper view...  and to enter first (top down) arty mode... for years.. no problems) sometimes the reticle appears overlayed on the arcade view screen, sometimes not... and sometimes the vehicle begins to slowly rotate in a clockwise circle.. and sometimes not.    Pressing G either overlays the reticle over the arcade (normal) screen.. or does nothing.   I have had very intermittent success with restarting game client.. but, in the last two updates, this has been happening to the degree that it is basically pointless to try to play arty at all.   When I remove all mods... everything works....    can you suggest anything at all?

Wit all mods removed..  no arty problems at all...   in safe mode, same thing ( I know its essentially the same, but I tried them anyway ).   When I removed anything 'arty' related and reinstalled the modpack..  same problem...  I cannot use arty mode.    Can anybody help?  I am uploading screenshots of what I am seeing when I press Space and / or G

2019-10-15 (1).png

2019-10-15.png