Unable to install mod pack, WoWs, version 9.12.0 #03

Hi there,

I've been using your mod packs for WoWs for a long time.  Apparently nothing has changed this time around, except:

As I was running the installer for the newest version, the installer just stopped and closed itself.  I have uninstalled the mod pack and re-downloaded it.  I go through the menus, selecting my directory and my mods (or even just one of them), and as soon as I click install, the program briefly shows a mostly blank window, then simply closes.  See the screenshot below (posting URL because "Insert Image from URL" is not working.

https://gyazo.com/115642c65351b7bf46d0d24c18685cc9

Is there some lingering cache file which I should maybe delete, even after having uninstalled the mod pack by using Add/Remove Programs?

Thanks!

Flying Loaf of Toast

Thanks for your reply, Quaksen!

I'm not sure if there can be an antivirus connection; it looks like *maybe* a Windows Defender screen is opening just before the modpack installer fails.  However, I've tried disabling Windows Defender and there's no change.

I suspect there may be something cached which is left over after having uninstalled the program, but I wouldn't know how to find it.

Either: 1.) I accidentally force-closed the installer while it was working, and some lingering error or corruption from that, probably a cache file, is preventing the modpack from installing at all now.

Or: 2.) The modpack closed itself mid-installation (or was closed by some antivirus program, which would be weird especially as I got no alerts from any), and continues to not work either for the same reason or for the reason in number 1.).

Reboots, uninstalls, new downloads, disabling AV software - so far, no solution.

Best,
FLOT

Update:

Things are back to working with the new version of the modpack, 9.12.0 #04.  There was still a conflict with one of my antivirus programs (which seems to be a relatively new thing), but disabling the offending shield for a few moments proved to solve it.  (That's something which worked with all of the recent modpacks *except* 9.12.0 #03.)  So.  Strange, and I don't have an answer for why the previous modpack wouldn't install no matter what I did, but I'm back online with the current version.  Yay!  I'll let you know if I run into any similar issue in the future.

Best, and thanks for the work that you do,

FLOT