Norton's 360 Alerting on Aslain Latest Update

I downloaded the latest update and received an alert on the download. It stated that the the Heur.AdvML.B (a type of Heuristic Virus) is in the file. At first I thought it might have been from Mediafire so I downloaded it using the other site. Results were the same. I by-passed it and installed it. However, the link about this type "virus" has some interesting things it is capable of. I'm not sure you're aware of this or not. I've included a screenshot of the report for you and the link Norton supplied me to read.

Emerging Threats

NortonThreat-Heur.AdvML.B-HeuristicVirus.png

Heuristics detection is trying to guess/predict what might be a virus - but it also often ends up doing false positives. Given the nature of how Aslain's modpack is compiled, it'll change it's "DNA" so to speak with every update - and sometimes that can happen.

Norton is, for your information, the only program bitching about the modpack, not a single one of the other major companies have anything to say.

There's a long thread in the WoT section. You can safely add it to exclusion.

• Upvote 2
20 hours ago, Quaksen said:

Heuristics detection is trying to guess/predict what might be a virus - but it also often ends up doing false positives. Given the nature of how Aslain's modpack is compiled, it'll change it's "DNA" so to speak with every update - and sometimes that can happen.

Norton is, for your information, the only program bitching about the modpack, not a single one of the other major companies have anything to say.

There's a long thread in the WoT section. You can safely add it to exclusion.

In the back of my mind I was think that; however, I just wanted to be sure about this. Thanks for the reply.