Is there an easier way of marking troublesome mods in the installer?

13 hours ago, GDavid said:

advice from WG: "Disable all mods"

Of course that's the 'advice' you gonna get. It does not mean the problem is caused by a mod. Neither WG nor a Modder can tell you "Disable the client" because the client can run without mods but mods cannot run without the client. So it's the exact same advice from the Modders too. It's the first step in determining where the bug is.

• WG will take action if the problem can be replicated without any mods (there are exceptions, see below)
  • If the problem can be replicated only with one particular mod installed (there are exceptions, see below)
    • if it's a minor issue the mod is labeled with a warning
    • if it's a major issue the mod is removed from the modpack
    • the Modder will try to fix the mod

Example for a WG exception: the recent bug causing Score Timer to show up at the wrong spot will not be present without mods (duh) nevertheless it is a bug in the client, actually in the ModAPI, the code WG wrote to be used by certain mods to access the client. WG is working on it.

Example for a Modder exception: two mods may work fine on their own but may clash and cause problems when installed at the same time. The Modders may be able to solve it, if not, then Uncle Aslain will send the two mods that refuse to play nice together into their separate corners and won't allow them to play together ever again. So he deserves the 🍻 you promised him!

• Upvote 2

Thank you for your answer Captain', better understanding although no closer to solving my issue.

Not the first or second time I've bought some beers 🙂

Sent Aslain some beers... (*****.ua1@gmail)

Edited by GDavid
Beers sent from *****.ua1@gmail
  • Like 1

So have you played a few in Safe mode? Any crashes? If yes, tried with lower graphics settings? All your drivers are up-to-date?

The Ctrl button crash was indeed caused by the Reload Timer mod, but it's been fixed.

The Armory, News, etc. crash is not new but there's a workaround: uncheck Game browser hardware acceleration. (I have it checked still no crashes)

Did you do a C&R?

FWIW I've seen players reporting that a FULL uninstall+CCleaner+reinstall fixed their issues.

WG had a page saying they are aware of the 0.11.1.0 client crashing more frequently BUT that page has disappeared. I hope they don't think all crashes were due to Reload Timer and haven't stopped investigating.

If Safe mode is OK for you but you have problems with mods, send in logs. Cheers!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aslain said:

I don't know why it's being fixed by a special mod instead of game patch, but worth trying.

🤣 Because they volunteered us to be lab rats! 🐀They are experimenting on us! 💉 (I don't mind if it works)

The mod skips the following videos:

• ./gui/video/animations/account_leveling_explosion.usm
  • ./gui/video/animations/account_leveling_smoke.usm
  • ./gui/video/animations/sparks.usm
  • ./gui/video/animations/selected_battle_type.usm
  • ./gui/video/animations/almanac_reward_bg_fx.usm
  • ./gui/video/animations/almanac_reward_collect_fx.usm

either because of a bug in the player or just to ease the load on the system

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Hello,

Seeing also mods as important to players overall game experience, I tested this morning a game as part of the grindfest gambling experience IXXX. The game got disconnected the same way as descripted in the first post of this topic. 👍

Is there a conflict from the mod ? Has WG changed something into their coding ? Is it a server related problem that is reseted every thursday ? Does WG contribute to help mod makers as I read they're already not fancy to develop a public API from Wows-numbers ? 

All good, I'm already not very good at this game, so if my team could avoid to lose a buddy and to spread reports all over, I could save some coffee... 🤡

Thank you 👍

• 1 month later...