Silencing friend fire shot blocked sound?

Mal

Hello,

I recently downloaded your mod pack and am absolutely loving it! It has provided all sorts of great customizations including the ability to filter away a lot of the toxicity of random battles.

There is one little thing that the trolls can do that I didn't see a fix for: friendly fire. Sure it doesn't actually do damage anymore and I can eliminate the Fire Direction Indicator in the standard interface but it still plays the sound. This situation reminds me of The Simpsons episode where Bart torments Lisa by saying repeatedly "I'm not touching you!"

Is there an option that I missed to silence this? Is there already a mod that addresses this that I am not aware of?  If not, could a mod be created to silence/mute the friendly fire impact sound?

Thank you,

Friendly fire1.PNG

Friendly fire2.PNG

• Administrator

Hi,

Cannot guarantee anything, could you attach a replay and give me its timestamps where I can hear these sounds? It would help me to create such mod faster. I have some ideas, but it has to be checked in replay.

• Administrator

Thank you for info and replay.

Unfortunately I don't think it can be easily silenced, to me it's just a regular gun sound, when muted, you will hear no shots at all. To mute it in all tanks, is a hell of a task, and probably pointless, to play the game without shot sounds 🙂

Thank you for looking into this. I was hoping it would be something simple like: IF (shothit==friendly) THEN shotsound==muted ,but figured it was probably more complicated since I couldn't find anything for it 😞

Thank you once again. Still really enjoying the quality of life improvements from your XVM and mods!