Some mods sometimes crash (it's inconsistent)

Hello, I'm having an issue since the game was updated to version 1.17. Everything was working great before that version. Every time I start a game, which mods load is inconsistent. Sometimes every mods are working just fine (~40% of the time), other times some specific mods don't load while others work (~40%) and sometimes the vehicule panels just don't display anything (~20%).

When they're partly loading, it seems to be consistently the same ones that don't load. XVM damage logs don't appear (received/dealt), romanized vehicle tiers are not removed, enemy vehicle icons are flipped and the XMV spotted light bulbs don't appear.

Here's the screenshot of mods partly loading...

shot_002.thumb.jpg.a4159c63666d9c2bdb0e1f2b90e7eeb6.jpg

And here are the log files...

Log files.zip

Edited by xavierdf3
Sentence not needed anymore
  • Administrator

No idea, I installed the same mods and they are working fine. I guess the issue is on your end only. Noticed your path to WoT contains special characters and spaces, which never works well with the installer. Btw. the tier in players panel has to be disabled in the game options, not in via a mod.

Hello. Thanks for taking your time to test my issue.

My game path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\World of Tanks\na\". I'm not sure what you mean by special characters. For spaces, I left the default path for steam on Windows 7.

For the vehicle tiers, I meant the romanized vehicle tiers letters on the vehicle panel (IV, V, VII, etc). On my end, it's enabled in-game:

shot_010.jpg.f41a33162ac613e97902aecf7b744701.jpg

and disabled through the following mod:

----------[ PANELS & WINDOWS (IN-BATTLE) ]----------------------------------
            Panels by Aslain
               Remove vehicle tier

I also tried verifying the game files integrity through steam and it found nothing. I'm running the game on an old hdd dating from 2005, it might be the cause for the bugs (most of my games load after the initial 30 seconds timer). I guess I'll hope it gets fixed in the next update. In the mean time, I'll try and disable my mods one by one and see if one of them causes the issue.

Thanks again and have a good day!

Xavier

• Administrator

Special characters like i.e. brackets, basically anything that is not a letter or number.

Remove vehicle tier is not working for you because the of problems with xvm you have, and why you have those? I have no idea but most likely a local issue, because it's working properly. I think the intallation is corrupted on your end, hence the problems.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I had the same problem until today, on windows 7 and the new versions after june did not correct it.

Without mods it worked, so I tried to deactivate some. For me it solved the problem to deactivate YasenKrazen + aslain "load wheel". I don't know which one is the faulty but after this no problems any more ; ) And I still have XVM and other mods.

Hope it helps !