FPS limiter mod not working

Go to solution Solved by Aslain,

Hi Aslain,

thanks for a great mod pack. As a long time user (one time donater 🙂), been really happy with your mod bundle packaging and can´t play the game without.

Recently I noticed that the FPS limiter was not working anymore and after some debugging I found out that the engine_config.xml file is somehow overwritten when starting the game for the first time after installing the mod pack. I suspect that maybe the sound mods, that are running some modifications during first startup after mod pack installation, are using the same file and it collisions with the modifications of the FPS limiter mod maxFrameRate value changes in it. Is there something that could be done in the mod pack to handle this or any other way to make it smoother? At the moment it can be fixed by manually changing maxFrameRate back to limited value after first start.

Br,

Marko

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

• Administrator
  • Solution

Looks like it's sound injector overwritting this xml. There is a number of sound mods using this type of installation. i.e. UT annouoncer male/female, some gun sounds and engine sounds. I cannot prevent this, either resign from such mods, or manually edit that xml. Maybe set fps limit in your gpu drivers/settings?

I will add different fps limiter in next modpack, maybe it will work better for you.

• Like 1