Game crashing at the end of battle when loading back to the garage

Go to solution Solved by Nor.DuFFman,

• 2 weeks later...

I have removed alot of options from the modpack, but I still got a freeze today.
Obj. 430 II, Karelia, standard battle. Crash at approx. 02:08 cet

I think I only had 1 selected xvm option for the garage at this point. Im reinstalling now and unchecking everything from xvm options.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by Nor.DuFFman
7 hours ago, Aslain said:

Try without Crew Return and Player Player Pro by CHAMPi.

I will do that next time I reinstall.

I just recently (1-2 weeks ago) added Player Panels pro by CHAMPI as a replacement for unselecting "Show HP bars" from XVM section [PANELS & WINDOWS (IN-BATTLE)] as CHAMPI's mod was listed under the [NON-XVM MODS BRANCH].

The WoT vanilla healtbars (picture 1) doesn't give you the HP numbers (picture 2) as far as I know, just a green bar wich shows you somewhat how much HP a tank have, but without the actual numbers making it an actual handicap to play without a mod that does show this.

The Crew auto return I also switched from the "Crew Auto-return (XVM)" to "Crew Auto-return: OldSkool" some weeks ago.

I reinstalled yesterday with less selections, so I will play untill I crash again, then I will remove more. So we can hopefully pinpoint where the problem is.

1 - WoT vanilla healtbars.png

2 - MOD healtbars that are better.png

3 hours ago, Nor.DuFFman said:

I will do that next time I reinstall.

I just recently (1-2 weeks ago) added Player Panels pro by CHAMPI as a replacement for unselecting "Show HP bars" from XVM section [PANELS & WINDOWS (IN-BATTLE)] as CHAMPI's mod was listed under the [NON-XVM MODS BRANCH].

The WoT vanilla healtbars (picture 1) doesn't give you the HP numbers (picture 2) as far as I know, just a green bar wich shows you somewhat how much HP a tank have, but without the actual numbers making it an actual handicap to play without a mod that does show this.

The Crew auto return I also switched from the "Crew Auto-return (XVM)" to "Crew Auto-return: OldSkool" some weeks ago.

I reinstalled yesterday with less selections, so I will play untill I crash again, then I will remove more. So we can hopefully pinpoint where the problem is.

You are doing the lords work, sir. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Aslain said:

you are using old modpack, would suggest to test on the latest one, always.

Yeah, I downloaded the latest when I reinstalled, as I always do. I only get notified about new modpack update when I start the game, so if I've my game has been launched for some time without restarting, I wouldnt know if there was an update to the modpack. I'm one of those guys who has to have my computer idle in the background because I can't sleep without the computer fan noise, therefore I dont restart my game all that often either.

5 hours ago, Aslain said:

In next attempt, try without:          Modpack button in the garage

Sure

On 11/6/2023 at 12:56 PM, Canz said:

I've been playing without the hitmarker mod for a 3 days now. No crashes. Previously it would be minimum 2 per day

I still have hitmarker mod enabled, but I have been playing 182 random battles without crash since I removed the "Modpack button" on 30.10.2023
For me in the past the crashes have been random though, so 3 days is in my opinion not enough to verify anything yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Solution

Ok, I have now played for 1 month (15.11.2023 - 15.12.2023) without crashing. ~ 400 battles.

It would seem like "Hitmarker" maybe was the culprit.

image.png.8c51a6f1bd75721a730bd111e98ea60e.png

Im adding back some mods now:

• Show the garage clock
  • Show advanced info on the carousel
  • Accurate Damage Indicator
  • Disable Gun shake effect after shot
  • Scope Shadow Remover
  • Custom Damage Indicators
  • Object 279 Personal Mission auto-reset
  • Marks of Excellence calculator lebwa
  • Sixth sense animated icon 10s bulb
  • Fog Remover: fog & sun-glare
  • Garage icons, class colored icons + golden colored premium tanks by aslain
  • Garage Mastery
  • Unanonymizer on battle results
  • Crew Auto-return Oldskool
  • Equipment & skill icons: Marked ammo icons

Will update after some playtime or if game crashes again 😉

• Administrator
1 minute ago, JaHongMan said:

I'm attaching a log file as you told me.
I've also been going through this problem for a few weeks now and the latest version before that.
I'm a little bit different than this one.

When I'm back in the garage after the game, a window with an error message appears, ending the game altogether.

This happens about 1 out of 5 times.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 241.73 kB · 0 downloads

What kind of error message? Show it on screenshot.

A year ago I played for a few months using mods with that hitmarker mod included, I used to have multiple of these stuck victory screens daily when going back to garage, it was really annoying having to restart the game every time.

Came back for the christmas event and since the hitmarker mod have been disabled played around 400 battles without any problems using same mods as before expect hitmarker.

I only found this topic because I was looking for why it got disabled. I loved it, hope I could use something similar in the future.