Game crashing at the end of battle when loading back to the garage

Go to solution Solved by Nor.DuFFman,

Hi Aslain,

Tank played: CS-52 LIS

Game mode: Standard - Fishermans Bay
Last Crash Time: 03:05 cest

Mod version: Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.1.21.1.0_13

My game crashes/freezes after the battle has completed. Just after the "Victory/Defeat/Draw" and then the game loads back to garage but the ingame HUD remains and is overlaying the garage.
Attaching 2 pictures from a match just a couple matches before this one where i managed to get some screenshots.

This has been happening at random (sometimes every 5 battles, sometimes every 50 battles.) I have to close the game and restart it to continue to play.
I found another post in the forum about the same exact problem (https://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/23185-random-crash-freeze-at-end-of-game/#comment-112996). But the solution you provided here did not work as far as I know.

I've had this problem for a couple of months in every last version of the modpack, so I decided to try to uncheck different stuff from the mod-installer options.
3 days ago I got another problem after removing some mods where the floating damage numbers had the wrong colour. Teammate, platoonmate and enemy floating damage numbers were correct, but my floating damage numbers were yellow (and hard to read) instead of purple.
I searched this forum and found another guy with this problem (https://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/14576-floating-damage-text-colour/#comment-74168) where you told him to select colored scale (xvm with better blue).

During these 3 last days i did not crash at all at the end of the game (not sure if this was random luck or because i removed some mod option), but today i reinstalled the modpack and selected "6 colors Team XVM with better blue". My floating damage colour then became the correct purple, but now the game has started crashing again at the end of the battle. It has crashed twice in this session.
The crashes has been occuring with different tanks.

I have not played the steel hunter event that is going right now.

2023-08-06 01_57_27-WoT Client.png

2023-08-06 01_57_41-WoT Client.png

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

I just updated to version "Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.1.21.1.0_14"

I turned off the "colored scale (xvm with better blue)" to see if that stops my game from crashing, but now the floating damage numbers are back to being wrong again.
I would much rather have wrong colors on damage numbers than the game crashing all the time. (even though platoonmate and my own damage numbers are hard to differentiate)

Attaching pictures of the damage numbers:
1: teammate shooting enemy
2: platoonmate shooting enemy
3: me shooting enemy

I dont need to see other players stats (XVM) as i play with anonymizer anyways, but I do want my game to look like it does with the selected mods that I have. Is there a way to fix the floating damage numbers color without selecting the "colored scale (xvm with better blue)"?

teammate and enemy.png

platoonmate and enemy.png

my damage.png

• Administrator

Color scale cannot cause any crashing, you shouldn't disable it. XVM options are like that, if you uncheck some basic options, you will get defaults that not always look the way you would like to, that's why you should rather check as many options as possible when customizing the look.

Anyway I see errors, but hard to tell why, can be XVM or something else too.

I have been struggling with the same problem for a year now and can't figure out. Tried different reinstalls and removing mods that could influence the hud but its still happening. I'll post logs when it happens next time, maybe we can cross reference similar mods causing it

Yeah, I'm not playing on the best computer either. That could possibly be part of it. Also im on 4 monitors and watching youtube/twitch and browsing chrome while playing (normally when dead and platoonmate still alive) so that could possibly also be affecting it. Although other people having this exact same thing happening could suggest there is something in the modpack that causes the crash.

I could potentially play without the modpack for a while to check if it happens in vanilla, but I hate playing without your OTM (vehicle colored by class, both in battle and garage) among other mods.
I disabled the "battle hits viewer" now. So I'll see if that changes anything.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Dessection said:

The error occurs now constantly. With a clanmate, I once compared the mods that we have installed. The following mods are left:

-> Disable movement of trees
-> Unanonymizer

Last named is in almost every modpack, is it possibly the culprit?

Attach your logs.

I have already reset everything and left out the unanymizer. If the freeze occurs again, I'll attach the logs again. I just thought because I have read through all the forum posts and in 3 years no one has ever suspected this mod, that I just throw it in the room 😃

Hi again.
I just had this happen in a Frontline battle. But it was totally different here.
So what happened, I was playing my GSOR 1010 FB, did some dmg, and then I died. Nothing off so far.
I got the tank selection and map to choose a new spawning location.
I switched to my Bourrasque and shot a couple mags. No problems here, BUT then I shot 1 shot and went for a reload (with 1 still in the mag).
The reload indicator dissapeared, and it didnt seem like it was reloading, so I then tried to override reload with 2-button (premium ammo), didnt seem to work. 
I waited for about 20 seconds and the two gray "bullets" turned green indicating it had reloaded. But I was now unable to shoot.
I tried pressing "C" for a new reload, but it did nothing. I then pressed "1" to force reload to regular ammo. The 2 green bullets turned gray, but no reload indicator showed.
I tried to spot since I was unable to shoot. Died. Did NOT get the tank selection menu with map to choose a new location.
Since i couldnt choose a new tank i just had to wait looking at my dead tank. Weirdly enough when aiming around me, the turret turned on my dead tank, and I could even autoaim at enemies while dead.
After maybe a minute I automaticly respawned in the same zone with another tank, the CS 52 LIS. The 2 bullets from the bourrasque was still here, so It now confirmed the hud was bugged from the previous tank. (all the modules in left corner was all red even though I just spawned). I was still unable to shoot, BUT i was able to use my Frontline consumables (inspire and artillery strike). 
So i went spotting and died. No respawn screen. spawned automaticly with GSOR 1010 FB again, same problem. cant shoot. die. No respawn screen. spawn with Bourrasque. cant shoot. die. Match ends and now the victory screen gets locked and is overlaying in the garage just like it usually happens in random battles (Like in the pictures above in this thread).

So yeah. A weird experience, but maybe it could shed some light on the problem?

Attaching logs.

Edit: reinstalled modpack without "accurate damage indicators" and "xvm sight"

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by Nor.DuFFman

thx, yeah all errors are pointing towards xvm in my understanding or the game itself.
ReloadEffect.py/ammo_ctrl.py/Avatar.py", line 1829, in updateVehicleGunReloadTime
are the errors that fit perfectly in your description.
makes me wonder why xvm is not disabled during frontline anymore

(issues started at 7:57
back to garage was around 8:17)

I've been having this exact same type of crash for a while now. Played without XVM and other listed mods that were perhaps the culprit, but I just had that type of crash happen again.

Also had a couple CTDs upon loading into battle today, though that has just started this patch, will try installing the latest modpack and uninstalling the hitzone mod now and see if the ctd crashes occur again. Even when I relaunch the game and reconnect to the battle, the game just CTDs again btw. Just get one flash of the screen of me in battle into crash.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

To clarify, the weird end of battle crashes have been happening for a while now, like more than a month, while the CTDs while loading into battle just happened a couple times today.

Edited by azurerain
  • Administrator
8 hours ago, azurerain said:

I've been having this exact same type of crash for a while now. Played without XVM and other listed mods that were perhaps the culprit, but I just had that type of crash happen again.

Also had a couple CTDs upon loading into battle today, though that has just started this patch, will try installing the latest modpack and uninstalling the hitzone mod now and see if the ctd crashes occur again. Even when I relaunch the game and reconnect to the battle, the game just CTDs again btw. Just get one flash of the screen of me in battle into crash.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 206.24 kB · 1 download

To clarify, the weird end of battle crashes have been happening for a while now, like more than a month, while the CTDs while loading into battle just happened a couple times today.

It seems that theselogs are from an older modpack. If you encounter this problem again, attach logs from the latest modpack.

• Administrator
On 9/8/2023 at 5:16 PM, azurerain said:

Had another one of those weird end of battle crashes with the new modpack.

Also didn't get anymore CTD at the start of battle, though did get it at the end of a battle while exiting. Was mainly playing onslaught after installing the newest modapack so that may have had something to do with it?

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 215.76 kB · 2 downloads

In what type of battles? I see some errors in your python, but it's unclear why and in what battles. You mentioned in the end of battle, but did you die or you have been observing or ....? Provide more details for crash.

Both in random battles and in onslaught. The crash has occurred both after I die when I press ESC and try to leave battle; and after the victory or defeat msg shows up at the end of battles. The game freezes like the attached screenshot and no buttons do anything afterwards (ESC doesn't bring up a menu, M doesn't turn off or on the minimap).

image.png

• Administrator
On 9/11/2023 at 6:11 PM, azurerain said:

Both in random battles and in onslaught. The crash has occurred both after I die when I press ESC and try to leave battle; and after the victory or defeat msg shows up at the end of battles. The game freezes like the attached screenshot and no buttons do anything afterwards (ESC doesn't bring up a menu, M doesn't turn off or on the minimap).

Have you got new logs? but honeslty I don't think I can help you. If you suspect mods, you should start eliminating them one by one.