NoSkills National Voices

Hi,

First off, thank you for putting in the time and effort to bring us all this wonderful modpack. You. Are. Awesome!

I found a voice mod that I think would be cool in your pack: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/425995-098-noskills-national-voicepacks-v23-improved-crew-voices-with-in-game-voice-mod-changer-updated-may-27-2015/#topmost

Two questions:
1. Would you consider including this in the modpack?
2. If I was to install this besides your modpack, do you see any conflicts? This would of course be a problem if you were to include this in your modpack...

Thanks again!

4bZurd

• Upvote 1

Hello!  :lol:

Thank you for your interest,

I've used Aslain's Installer before, It's quite good, the only problem I think he might have with adding my mod to his pack is the size can be somewhat large if all the voices are included.

However only the one xml and one fev files are needed for the mod to work, so perhaps depending on which fsb files(sound banks) you select they could be downloaded?

You might want to wait a bit before adding it to the pack anyway, since I'm currently working on making an installer using Inno setup. Once I get that down, then I should be able to assist anyone who would like to add it to their own mod pack (and the mod itself should be more installer friendly than it is now too).

I would be interested in getting some help from Aslain with this installer though, Since it would remove a lot of the setup for a user trying to create a custom install (ie. a person who wants to use certain voices together but not others) and he could get a look at how it works

PS: As for compatibility it uses the exact same structure/program/files as the Vanilla National Voices, so besides the fact that it will overwrite any currently installed crew voice mods (ie. Duke Nukem, Minions, Ritterkreuz) it should not touch anything else (and I've included a good number of the voice mods listed already too ;) )

• Upvote 2

Awesome you guys!

And with the added benefit that you might be able to help each other out with your respective mods/modpacks! Never thought my simple question was going to lead to that.

You are BOTH frikkin AWESOME! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm probably gonna wait till I get a better way of installing more than 31 voices until I update this again, but since this is built the same way WG built the original voices it should last until they completely overhaul the sound engine :)

Edit: one thing I noticed is that the "easy crew voice selector" (ECVS) is also in the modpack, not sure if you've taken this into account, but the ECVS consists of an xml file, and my mod uses the an edited version of that xml file to make the choices appear in the settings menu, so if the ECVS mod overwrites mine then there will be problems. Thanks again to IGL for making the ECVS mod and letting me use it to make mine :)

Edited by Noskills
  • Administrator

I'm probably gonna wait till I get a better way of installing more than 31 voices until I update this again, but since this is built the same way WG built the original voices it should last until they completely overhaul the sound engine :)

Edit: one thing I noticed is that the "easy crew voice selector" (ECVS) is also in the modpack, not sure if you've taken this into account, but the ECVS consists of an xml file, and my mod uses the an edited version of that xml file to make the choices appear in the settings menu, so if the ECVS mod overwrites mine then there will be problems. Thanks again to IGL for making the ECVS mod and letting me use it to make mine :)

If someone select to install both your mod and easy crew voice selector. Your mod will be installed as the last one, overwritting ECVS file.