Tank Icon Maker (update for 1.24.1.0)

I took it upon myself to update the old tank icon maker program, i created a fork in github with a release for any who is interested.

I updated a large part of the program to visual studio 2019 (it was based upon 2012)

fixed the long unresolved issue of having an error window for the UK wheeled vehicles armor not being found.

updated its dependencies

the link to this is in my github

https://github.com/MaggzWOT/TankIconMaker

that is the original version i updated all the code from, This is a currently working with no errors version of that, which was also optimized a bit

It is open source just like the original with all its code posted on github, just like khulto did with his forked version of it, he just fixed it so that it would load and run, but didnt update anything beyond making it launch even tho it still has the uk wheeled errors, atleast thats what his github code shows.

• Aslain pinned this topic
  • Administrator

Could you add loggin errors for missing fonts? I asked Kthulo for it, it was never fulfilled. It would be helpful it there is a warning popup in case where a font used in project is missing installed in user systen. In such situation TIM is using default font, and it's hard to notice it, when it happens.

i will add it to my list of todo items. i really just posted it due to the long wait between fixes for the master project. Once i started to go thru it and i was making code changes, i have modified about 50% of the code in the wotdatalib. the main program i have really only changed a couple items. as i was trying to send the main author pull notifications to them to update theirs from. However if people want additions beyond the scope of the original mod i will add it to my todo list. If i make huge revision changes tho i will try and get the original authors permission. as i do not want to just arbitrarily take over their project. Once i hear back from the original author i will post to let you know they are ok or not ok with me doing those changes.

• Upvote 1

so i was doing some testing and is this what you are trying to have happen, that if you set a font that you dont have it puts up an error window for not installed font?

If so, this is what happens in my test to me setting a font by a name i do not possess in my latest version. Now if you are importing someone elses project and they have it set to a font you do not own i do not think it will throw this error, it should just set the font to Arial. I think if that is what you want then the application would need a rather extensive overhaul. Not saying it cant be done, but honestly only a small handful of people would ever need such a thing added, of course you would probably be one of those peopl as you are building others projects. I will look into this second variant but honestly it is a HUGE amount of work for maybe 5 people opn the whole of the internet would even need such a warning message.

TextTest.png

• Administrator

@Maggz That should be enough. Also, if the bulk save is running, please add the project name to indicate in which saved project the installed font is missing. I would prefer it to show me the error and stop, rather than using Arial unless you can display a diaglog where I can chose behaviour. Yeah, probably not many people will benefit from it, but still, it can be informative for someone who overlooked installing their font or made a mistake with the font name in their project.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2024 at 11:39 AM, Maggz said:

I took it upon myself to update the old tank icon maker program, i created a fork in github with a release for any who is interested.

I updated a large part of the program to visual studio 2019 (it was based upon 2012)

fixed the long unresolved issue of having an error window for the UK wheeled vehicles armor not being found.

updated its dependencies

the link to this is in my github

https://github.com/MaggzWOT/TankIconMaker

is there any new working version to use? As an .exe like the old one?

56 minutes ago, Oblivion said:

is there any new working version to use? As an .exe like the old one?

Click the link in the post you quoted.

Click on Releases on the right side.

Download the zip.

Extract it.
Run the exe? 😛 

Quaksen thank you very much for the help!

But, it doesn t work properly 😞

After selecting "Save" an error occurs and the battlefield is unplayable 😞

I tried to resize Atlas with no luck. Any suggestions please?

err1.JPG

err3.JPG

err2.JPG

Ok ty! I thought it was somewhere here around! I will try if i can to find a working version of it because Aslain's anti-mirror is crushing Game after loading screen and always before entering in a battle.

Edited by Oblivion