CTD/Nvidia Kernel failure

Ok, I have had continual problems recently with games crashing/freezing up in random parts of the game.  I have done quite a few things to try and isolate the problem on my own with no success.  Just did a full reinstall of WOT for the second time and reinstalled the mod pack, limiting the number of mods to  the most useful  for me.  One thing I left off was a lot of the guns sounds etc.. which really seamed to lower my FPS.  Vanilla I was getting 45-60 fps.  These last few games a little lower 38 - 52 fps. After about 5 vanilla games I installed the mod pack and made it through another 5 games until the  GeForce driver failed and I had use the task bar to exit the game.  The kernel failure only occurs maybe 30% of the time.  Other times the game just locks.  I was driving a T28 Proto so no really fast motion going on.  These problems have only occurred in the last couple of patches of the games.  Prior to that, really no problems.

System is a little older but not horrible

Windows 64 bit

INtel Core i5-2500k @ 3.3 GHz

4 Gigs RAM

Geforce GTX 460 w. 2 Gigs

I have done everything in the pinned thread except reinstall Microsoft Framework and Visual C+++ because I don't have the exact entries in my program list so not sure if they apply.  As I said before, I have just reinstalled the game in full with fresh mods.

Logs attached, maybe you can isolate?

Edit to add: I uninstalled AVG and switched to Avast due to the trojan problem.  Apparently that didn't help either.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by 1919Eternal

I had similar problems a few weeks ago and it turned out to be an Nvidia driver problem for me.  I was signed up in Nvidia's Beta program where I always had beta versions of drivers installed.  I uninstalled the beta driver, and cancelled my participation in the beta program.  Then I installed the latest non beta driver and problem solved.  So, make sure that you are not using beta drivers and that you have the latest driver installed.  After that, I have no idea.  Good luck.

Already went that route.  Don't use the beta drivers and I tried rolling back to 350.12 which I read was one of the more stable drivers but had the same problems.  I now have the most recent non-beta driver.  Looking at the log, it seems like it might be the Locastan HD Mini Maps that are having the errors.  Not sure how to read the log exactly though.

Why not use the xvm mini maps that Aslain has in the installer?  I do not know of anything that Locastan's has that is not possible with xvm mini maps, plus the xvm mini maps are configurable from within the installer.  Locastans you have to make the changes you wish manually.  Another plus to the xvm mini map is that Locastan does not support and maintain Locastan's Mini Map any longer.  Someone else is doing that now and who knows how long that will continue and if the quality will remain the same as when Locastan was doing it. 

Using the xvm mini map would also allow you to find out for sure if it is Locastan's or not.

The ONLY reason I still use those maps is because in game it shows your adjusted view range based on crew skills and equipment.  I like that bc I frequently jump from tank to tank and forget exactly what skills I have etc...  I will uncheck today and see if that helps.  Hopefully someone can confirm that is indeed the problem.

I am pretty sure the xvm mini maps do the same concerning crew skills and equipment.  I know for a fact that the mini map reflects view range with and without telescope binoculars for example, but I am not 100% sure it reflects increases in crew skill/perks etc.  But I would be extremely surprised if it doesnt.  I would really recommend that you try the xvm mini map with everything checked that you think you need.  I never missed Locastan's after I switched to Aslain's xvm map.

I agree but with the Locastan map for some reason it actually gives you a number. So let's say your view range is 400 and you have some crew skills that bump it up to 413, it will actually show 413.  If you add binocs, the numbers will change when they kick in.  The mini map just shows the circle but not the specific number.    Not a deal breaker not to have but nice to see as you switch from tank to tank as a reminder.

Heey, Wait a minute?!

Isnt the map in Aslain showing exact distances for the circles?

I remember when Omegaice came up with this mod, together with

damageannouncer and damagelog (thats gamechanging modding).

XVM took over the ranges and I allways assumed they were exact 

according to vehicle on minimap.

In minimapCircles.xc you can change how and wich circles are shown.

Made it through roughly 20 battles without errors then came back after about a 5 hour break and crashed during the first game and then crashed again the next game.  First crash did not give me the Nvidia kernel failure but the 2nd did.   What do you look for in the python log to try to narrow this down?  it repeatedly has this error info:

INFO: 2015-10-12 00:44:03: [ERROR] ./res_mods/mods//xfw/python\xfw\events.pyc
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR:   File "mods/xfw/python/xfw/events.py", line 54, in __event_handler
ERROR: TypeError: __addEntryLit() takes at most 4 arguments (5 given)

I also found this but I didn't load the locastan HD minimaps this time:

INFO: =============================
WARNING: [WARNING] (scripts/client/gui/shared/event_bus.py, 25): Handler is already subscribed ('lobbyViewLoaded', <bound method CompanyBattleController.__onLobbyInited of <gui.server_events.CompanyBattleController.CompanyBattleController object at 0x144B7710>>, 0)
NOTICE: [NOTE] (scripts/client/game.py, 428): [sPACE] Loading space: spaces/hangar_v2
NOTICE: [NOTE] (mod_hdminimap, 146): HDMinimap_helper ver: 0.9.10.001 by locastan & ShuraBB loaded correctly
WARNING: [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 33): Method "close" takes too much time 0.904000043869
INFO: PostProcessing.Phases.fini()
ERROR: [ERROR] (scripts/client/gui/Scaleform/framework/entities/BaseDAAPIModule.py, 60): Error during <gui.Scaleform.framework.managers.TutorialManager.TutorialManager object at 0x344A7B10> flash disposing
WARNING: [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 33): Method "close" takes too much time 0.178999900818I

Edited by 1919Eternal