Aslain's XVM mod help please

Hi all, this is the first time I've installed a mod to WOT. Now I followed some suggestions on what settings to use and they all worked just fine, however, I noticed a very noticeable stuttering in the game to such an extent that it was very difficult to play. It didn't seem to have any effect on my frame rate (50-61) and ping were 26-32ms. I went back into the mod and changed settings to try and stop the problem. I have since progressively turned everything off until all I had was changes in my garage. Even though this is not supposed to have any effect on game frame rates or play, it still made gameplay "non-smooth" ???? I have now turned everything off and gameplay is back to normal. Now is the reason for this anything to do with the mod or is it showing my CPU age .. I'm running an old i7920 do but GPU is a GTX970 .. any thoughts ??

I'll try posting this again:

Hi all, this is the first time I've installed a mod to WOT. Now I followed some suggestions on what settings to use and they all worked just fine, however, I noticed a very noticeable stuttering in the game to such an extent that it was very difficult to play. It didn't seem to have any effect on my frame rate (50-61) and ping were 26-32ms. I went back into the mod and turned off settings step by step to try and stop the problem. I have since progressively turned everything off until all I had was changes in my garage. Even though this is not supposed to have any effect on game frame rates or play, it still made gameplay "non-smooth" ???? I have now turned everything off and gameplay is back to normal. Now is the reason for this anything to do with the mod or is it showing my CPU age .. I'm running an old i7920 do but GPU is a GTX970 .. any thoughts ??

fantastic guide thanks ... it appears that there isn't much that would effect my performance. There must be something other than frame rates that causes the stuttering as according to WOT my frame rates are normal to when I play without the MOD. ?? keep the info coming it's great :-)

nope don't have that installed. i found having the "no fog" ticked I got the stuttering really bad. But frame rates didn't appear to drop below 50 at all ?? I'm still playing around at the moment .. I found that having any I.D.'s or tags above the tanks while playing caused stuttering as well ... any thoughts on the cause ?? I really didn't want to upgrade my two systems and WOT is pretty much the only game I play ..

i've been playing around with some settings and I just had a game where there was noticeable (in game), stuttering and I did see the frame rates drop to 41. so I replayed the game after and it plays and looks smooth on playback ??

Question:  when I replay, what is the difference between the two indicated frame rate displays?

Thanks Aslain, so the "recorded" frame rate is what it is played back as on replay am I right?

I'm about to start up the game in a moment. But first I would really like to know what graphics settings people are running with their Nvidia control panel. The in game settings are all maxed out but I'm looking at my Nvidia control panel and seeing if I can set the it for application control to see if that has any effect on stuttering at all.