Map loading problems

Hi there !

Some maps won't load if I don't restart the game, which is kinda inconvenient since it makes me lose the first minutes of every battle on these maps (Kharkov and Stalingrad for sure, might be some others).

I don't encounter this issue when running WoT vanilla, so I expect it to come from one of the mods in the modpack ?

I already had that problem with the 9.12 version, I hoped it would disappear with 9.13 but it didn't.

I thought I had taken a screenshot but it looks like I pressed the wrong key, so here's a quick description : when I enter any battle on Kharkov or Stalingrad, only the tanks' models appear, no buildings, no ground, all I can do is alt-F4 and hope for the game to restart fast, but still that usually makes me really enter the battle at least 3 minutes after it started.

Logs and python attached, let me know if you need any further information and I'll happily provide it, I can't wait to get rid of that bug.

Thanks for all

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

• Administrator

I remember people had such problems with fault nor outdated gfx drivers, and generaly due to pc problems, but will try to reproduce and let you know.

btw I would start with latest modpack, you are using first one.

Can you reproduce this in replay? If so, please attach it too.

First of all, thank you for the quick answer.

Gfx driver is the latest I can install, DirectX and .NET are up-to-date too, this is what WG Support made me check when I sent them a ticket. I re-installed the game completely this morning after 9.13 and deleted game cache and preferences.

I attached my latest replay on Kharkov, first part is where I alt-F4 after encountering the bug, second part is after a restart.

Also attached a dxdiag in case it can help.

20151216_2246_france-F65_FCM_50t_83_kharkiv.wotreplay

20151216_2250_france-F65_FCM_50t_83_kharkiv.wotreplay

DxDiag.txt

Hi,

SD client, every setting on minimum except render range.

Hardware specs as specified in dxdiag :

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T8300 @2.40GHz

3GB RAM

Windows XP SP3

NVidia GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB

System is clean, reinstalled recently, defragged regularly

Bug doesn't happen when running WoT with no mods at all, these specific maps must be really heavy on RAM or whatever it uses, but still, although my computer is outdated, its specs are above what they state is the minimal configuration, and I can't think of XVM being that much resource-consuming, right ?

Hi

Well, every mod drains some capacity. Worst are those in youre HUD.

Mods like HP in ears/map, HP counters and other mods that rely on 

constant feedback.

The biggest reason for your mishaps would be WinXP. Very old and 

unsupported OS that can have troubles with the game and 2 CPU cores.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/896256

Even that GeForce can be without any decent driversupport.

Ahhh ye good ole T series from intel. This game passes a lot of data through your system if you have mods installed, most of which (think 60%) is routed through VRAM (for some odd reason). Basically your system is outdated enough for XVM to be right on the edge of its capabilities. What you need is an upgrade.

Ahhh ye good ole T series from intel. This game passes a lot of data through your system if you have mods installed, most of which (think 60%) is routed through VRAM (for some odd reason). Basically your system is outdated enough for XVM to be right on the edge of its capabilities. What you need is an upgrade.

Maan, I tried to go easy on him  ;)

Sometimes it's better to just tell the truth :P

But don't get me wrong I liked the T-series a lot back in the day. Too bad they became outdated so soon.

Also graphics in games improved a lot over the years so upgrading ones system is kind of a yearly task nowadays.

Can't think of many ways to upgrade a laptop, I guess I'm gonna have to get a new PC then... I really didn't want any of those recent windows versions :(

At least you gave me some reasons that could cause this bug to happen, what WG's Support never did with any of their answers to my tickets :P

Even that GeForce can be without any decent driversupport.

Well, any recent driver requires newer OS, latest XP driver for it is from 2013.

Upgrading a laptop ain't simple indeed. One could try looking for laptops with PCI-M slots (special slots for mobile graphics cards) but these are hard to come by these days, not to mention trying to find the cards. I'm with Grandorf on this one, although you could try running it in a virtual machine as well. Can't guarantee it will display any improvement if you use a VM though.