Problem with the modpack installer

Hi,

I have been a long time I use this program and it's VERY great.
But I can't correctly install the pack until the 9.14 upgrade. I got every time an error message (from microsoft jscript) during the install. I attach the needed files.

Update:

I know, the problem is with the script which modify the playersPanel.xc.

If you don't modify anything with the configurator in the players panel, then the install working well.

pack.zip

Edited by SzKaman

if nothing has changed since the last install, permission wise, why would anything but a corrupted installer be responsible? JS.

Well, if the installer were corrupted (in the sense that it can't run properly), then every single person would have the same issue, including Aslain himself.

Which is not the case.

You can also scan the installers on virustotal.com, if you're concerned about malware/viruses.

But even people without any security software (which is not recommended anyway) have issues.

What's happening is that the installer tries to put files on the PC but the PC says "no, no, you no put that here", for whatever reason.

And that's an issue on the local maschine.

Different drives (c:, d:, etc.), different users, different folders all can have different degrees of access/permissions, even if you don't know about that or even intended that.

So, it can happen that you have a different level of access when simply moving the game from one drive to another or one folder to another.

Also, security software gets updates frequently (ideally) as well and more sensitive ones can flag something, even if it is not malicious.

So, things do change - again, whether you know about it or not.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I have been a long time I use this program and it's VERY great.

But I can't correctly install the pack until the 9.14 upgrade. I got every time an error message (from microsoft jscript) during the install. I attach the needed files.

Update:

I know, the problem is with the script which modify the playersPanel.xc.

If you don't modify anything with the configurator in the players panel, then the install working well.

It's your PC problem, not modpack problem. Check your computers, especialy antivirus, user and file permissions.