Minimap range markers

Snyrren

Hey,

Just wanted to know if it's possible to implement viewline range markers on the minimap.

Unfortunately I haven't found any (recent) mod that uses them.

This one is the closest to what I mean: http://worldof-tanks.com/0-8-8-kodos-xvm-minimap-only/

Each gap is 100m and the dot is 500m.

I have seen other mods that have a solid line with markings at 400, 500 and 600m. But I think the mod above is sufficient.

The other minimap mods in your installer is very nice. It would be nice if this feature could be added and still be able to use the other features.

Best regards

Snyrren

PS1. Usefull since some TD IM's want you to hit a target X meters away. (So you don't have to count the grid on the minimap :P)

PS2, If enemy is behind cover you can't see the range in the sights.

Hmm... Went into a game to confirm since I hadn't seen them before  (I wasn't sure I had the correct boxes checked in the installer).

And at first I didn't see the dots until I made the minimap very large. Then I deselected the ingame viewline and then they appeared better, even on a small minimap!

It is the dots and dashes I'm looking for and not labels (Sorry for not making that clear).

Is it possible then to make some dot's larger (maybe every 100m dot is a bit bigger) or in another color?

I've seen mods with a different colored dot at 300m. Like an average "not getting spotted"-range-dot.

Also in those mods the dash between 400 and 500m is in another color (for some reason I'm to tired to figure out now?)

//Snyrren

• Administrator
Is it possible then to make some dot's larger (maybe every 100m dot is a bit bigger) or in another color? I've seen mods with a different colored dot at 300m. Like an average "not getting spotted"-range-dot. Also in those mods the dash between 400 and 500m is in another color (for some reason I'm to tired to figure out now?)

I will see what can I do about it, yes it's doable to make dots bigger or in diff color :)

Something like that:

rsq8bir.jpg

Orange dot at 300m

Violet dot at 400m.

Both dots slightly enlarged

minimapLines.xc

• Upvote 2