Aslain's installs XVM even if XVM is completely de-selected

You cannot install mods withou XVM in my installer, unchecking whole section will not help it. This is how I've made it.

Yes... I noticed... and hence the issue. All the mods outside of the XVM section do NOT need XVM to function. So why does your mod installer insist on slipping it in regardless? Especially since it doesn't even do anything at that point, it just loads in and causes issues., without physically modifying the game.

Shouldn't it be easy to leave out the XVM files if none of the XVM stuff is selected? What reason do you have to put it in anyways?

so... what is the problem?  ;)

XVM has many bugs and issues aside from the Vanilla game. Even if it doesn't cause issues for a particular client, it drastically increases load times and memory consumption. Therefore, if one doesn't want to use it, it's rather silly to slip it in anyways, "invisible". Even when invisible, it still causes said issues.

Now you know the problem. :)

• Administrator

It's built like that intentionaly, I had my reasons, no time to explain now :) Would have to rebuilt the installer, currently there is technical issue preventing this. Requires a lot of work to change this.

I will see when I'll have time. However it has low priority to me atm.

So it's built like that intentionally, though you won't explain why, and I can easily give a few reasons why it's a bad idea....

Not to mention, while I admittedly don't know much about your particular program, I do know quite a bit about programming its self, and I can't for the life of me, imagine why it would be so difficult to simply NOT copy in XVM, just the other mods...

Furthermore, I took a few minutes to decompile your installer and check the insides. It's just an Innosetup installer, with all of the scripting handled by their 3rd party library, am I right? Changing some flags and script lines around -should- be very simple.

At this point though, I am getting the idea that you are rather stubborn about the way you program functions, even if it makes no sense at all, and I also gather you may not 100% know exactly what you are doing (insisting on using nightly builds). I suppose I can just start using the direct link, or possibly start compiling my own mod pack and forego your installer, because I think it's rather silly to continue providing support via those obnoxious ad.fly links for such an odd and poorly designed mod installer, as "convenient" as it may be.

• Administrator

I see you have very little experience with building installers, especially on inno setup. You would never said that if you know how much the decompiled code is different to the original code.

Anyway I see you are just trolling here, so I must say a goodbye to you. Have fun with building your own installer and stuff, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Nice one. You have no valid explanation to give in regards to my clear and legitimate questions/suggestions, and when I call you on it, I must be "trolling". You may as well just admit that you have nothing valid or sensible to say, it's already clear as day. Truly hilarious. Keep up the work on your admittedly thorough, but nonsensically designed installer.

• Administrator

I have no time to discuss it with you, I have better things to do and you are just trolling here, and never happy of my answers. Now you started to be aggressive and telling bulshit about my skills and what now, so my advice: move along, get a life. EOT

#PunchFox

Dont get rude, Aslain is doing a great job. His installer is free and the options are, hmm, 

make one youreself.

It is http://www.koreanrandom.com/ who are responsible for XVM. They are mainly 

russians so its kinda hard to understand and take part in their discussions.

When you install anything that needs the XVM, you have to install their folders and

the python programs that take the information that is sent between client and server.

There are a few programs that take some info without using XVM, you could try them.