Alternative 6th sense sound

HS5

Hi! Any chance adding some neutral "beep" or "tick" or similar to 6th sense sound options? I'm currently using Metal gear one, its's still a bit loud to my liking. I Always panic and think I'M GOING TO DIE NOW! when it goes off :) Still would like to keep smaller beep after 10 seconds. 

Something like this maybe?(not sure if i can attach mp3?)

Thanks!

button-19.mp3

• Administrator

Hi,

is it possible to replace the notification sound with an own soundfile? I cant find a wav or mp3 file in the resmod folder.

Greetings

It's not that easy, you need a special app to convert and make own sounds. Require some skills.

Hi,

is it possible to replace the notification sound with an own soundfile? I cant find a wav or mp3 file in the resmod folder.

Greetings

The 6th sense sound files are normally located in WoT > res > audio and are called xvm.fev and xvm.fsb.

If you use certain other sound mods though, then they create the directory WoT > res_mods > 0.9.2 > audio (so you might have to check first, if this location exists).

So if you want to have a different 6th sense sound, you would have to replace these 2 files.

You can find different sounds on the internet (like http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/297673-89-macs-custom-sixth-sense-mods-updated-021113/ ) and some of them are very old but still work like a charm.

When you download those sounds from the web though, keep in mind that most come with extra files, such as gui_sounds.xml and the 6th sense icon SixthSense.png.

Those don't have to be used, if you simply want to change the sound!

You could use the image file (.png) but you shouldn't use the .xml, since the files usually are too old and can/will cause other sounds not to work anymore.

If you really want a certain (.wav / .mp3) sound badly, then you can refer to this topic:

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/37-custom-sixth-sense-sound/

I suppose.