Camera stuck at spawn

Some mod seems to cause an issue where the camera and UI gets stuck right from the start of the battle.

You can move your ship, but your view won't follow.

I've found one report here where someone got rid of the bug by uninstalling the Arpeggio UI mod, though I can't verify this so far.

Some players could get around the bug by ALT+F4 the game or closing it via the TaskManager. This did never work for me however, regardless of how many times I closed the game and re-joined the match.

Aslains_WoWs_Logs.zip

The problem is that it doesn't happen every time. Sorry, I haven't been clear on that in my OP.

I'm usually playing Random Battles, so it happened only there until now.

I'll try to pin point the mod, but this will take a while. I'm just a filthy casual, too, so I don't play as much per day.

Besides, I had game crashes roughly around the times this issue occurred. I didn't connect these crashes to the issue until now, but maybe...
You wouldn't be able to analyse WoWS log files by any chance and if so, know where to get them?

Scroll to the end of this post for my solution to this bug.

Nevermind. Quick update.

I think I can now somewhat reproduce the issue. It occurs solely when I start a battle with the ship Ibuki. The bug, or whatever it is, is definitively followed by a crash when going back to port.

Sadly, it doesn't happen in Training mode, even if I arrange the same team from when the crash occurred. (as best as possible from the available ships).

Also, my first victory of the day has now been gone to poopoo. That sucks...

I will report to WG Support and see if they can read something from their logs.

Here are some funny pictures for now:

Spoiler

127_WorldOfWarships64_2021-05-17_19-05-3

128_WorldOfWarships64_2021-05-17_19-07-1

129_WorldOfWarships64_2021-05-17_19-08-2

130_WorldOfWarships64_2021-05-17_19-11-3

EDIT 1:

I uninstalled every ship skin, now.
Let's see what that does.

EDIT 2:

So far the issue didn't reappear.

Also I got answer from WG Support.

TL;DR

Adjust overclocking or reset to default, as it causes problems with the game.

Clean the PC from dust inside, because of a high CPU temperature (up to 74°C).

------------------------------

They were telling me that my CPU overclocking is to high (Default: 4,0GHz, Currently: 4,4GHz). I should adjust the clock rate to a maximum of 4,2GHz plus they recommended to me to clean my PC as the core temperature has been up to 74°C at one point.

They also state that this clock rate is significantly above what the manufacture recommends. My CPU is an Intel i7 6700k 4GHz.

See the spoiler for the full answer.

Spoiler

Dear Kuraiko‍,

The unstable operation of your computer might be associated with the "overclocking" of the central processor (bus - 100.2 MHz, core clock - 4408.8 MHz). 

Please reset the BIOS settings to default:

Processor Base Frequency - 4.00 GHz
Max Turbo Frequency - 4.20 GHz

We do not guarantee the stable operation of the game client on "overclocked" equipment since the components involved in the process operate with parameters that differ significantly from those declared and recommended by the manufacturer.

Also, we detected overheating of the central processor -  its temperature reaches 74°C (64°C - maximum temperature allowed).

We kindly ask you to take care of the "health" of the processor cooling system: to clean the heatsink and fan from dust. Update the heat-conducting thermal interface ("thermal paste") if you have the skills since, under such conditions, normal functioning is impossible. It is fraught with thermal damage to both the processor and the system board, and other components.

Next I'm gonna do as told and re-install the skins to see if the issue reoccurs.

EDIT 3: Quick and final update to this issue.

I haven't encountered the bug again since doing the above. I did however re-reset(?) the overclocking to 4.4 GHz. I also got rid of the skins for good, now.

So either it was an overheating issue or - which is more likely - it has to do with one or more of the ship skins.

CONCLUSION:

If you encounter this bug uninstall all ship skins and see if this fixes it.

It might be a problem with one or a few specific skins, but I haven't tested that out with each one as I used a lot of skins before.

Edited by Kuraiko
status update
  • Upvote 1