Font Size, Sound Preview, White Tracks?

happy

It would be nice to be able to change the xvm info font size when tab.

Also, how about a sixth sense sound preview while installing the mod.

And last but not least, white tracks when someone is tracked is legal?

kthx

It would be nice to be able to change the xvm info font size when tab.

Do you mean via the installer?

Otherwise you could edit the statisticForm.xc (located in WoT > res_mods > xvm > configs > Aslain), if you know what you're doing.

Also, how about a sixth sense sound preview while installing the mod.

I think that would require to add another piece of software to the installer, in order to play those files. Not sure if that so easy to do, in terms of coding and regarding copyrights/licenses.

But have to see what Aslain/BeGin can tell you about that.

And last but not least, white tracks when someone is tracked is legal?

As far as I know, it's not illegal on NA server and a modpack (that you can find in the NA official forums) does use this mod currently.

I'm not sure if it's illegal at all (on other servers) but it has been discussed as being potentially illegal in the past and Aslain decided to remove it from the modpack; just to be sure nothing illegal is being used here.

I tried to find something more conclusive all night but without much luck.

E: Anyway, here is a thread that lists forbidden mods in the NA forum, which is mainly for people on NA servers.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/339063-policy-on-prohibited-modifications/#topmost

The last statement I read for EU servers basically said that you had to determine yourself what's legal and what's not; along the lines "if a mod gives you an advantage, you should not use it".

In my opinion, most mods do give you an advantage, in one way or another, depending on how you look at it.

Hell, even a chat-filter that reduces spam would fall into that category, because you technically get less distracted and see relevant info better/quicker than someone who doesn't have one.

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/404/18/cheating-in-world-of-tanks-and-illegal-mods

post-142-0-76135900-1407468273_thumb.png

So, it's really hard to say which mods are illegal, unless WG specifically names certain mods/functions.

No problem.  :)

Maybe you get some more answers later, regarding the 6th previews at least.

What about the font size thing though, did you want to know the file for editing it or wanted an option for editing it in the installer?

Tracks are working great, thanks guys.

@Almace

No, I haven't done anything to get it default sized, but it's not important. Thanks anyway.

About the sounds, I have no idea. I used to use the ProTanki's modpack and he's using this feature so I thought it could be nice, that was it.