Tank silhouette mod not working.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, AssM0nk3y said:

After some digging it appears your installer isnt installing the two .wotmod files the new mod uses. After installing the mod from the source google drive it is working fine. 

rajcel.core.wotmod 55.37 kB · 0 downloads rajcel.changeSilhouetteColors.wotmod 4.88 kB · 0 downloads

That two files are from different mod, they are not part of the Outlining Colors by Kurzdor

15 hours ago, AssM0nk3y said:

The new version where you can pick the colors in the options is not working. No matter what color you pick it only shows the default color. 

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 315.9 kB · 2 downloads

Hey there, I am the developer of Outlining Colors 🙂
Strangely, I don't see any outliningColors folder in mods/configs/
By the way, all dependencies that my mod requires should be installed by most modpacks, inlcuding Aslain's for sure. Just to clarify that what dependencies I use: poliroid.modslistapi and izeberg.modsettingsapi. Those you mentioned (rajcel.core, rajcel.changeSilhouetteColors are from the same awesome RaJCeL's mod.

Can you send screenshot of mod configurator (yes, that window that gives ability to configure mods) and check if the config itself present in mods/configs/outliningColors/config.json and send it also?

Also, thanks for using mod 🙂 It gives a lot of motivation to do more.

• Upvote 3
16 hours ago, Aslain said:

That two files are from different mod, they are not part of the Outlining Colors by Kurzdor

I see that now. In my haste to update mods I didn't notice those are two different mods. 

13 hours ago, Kurzdor said:

Hey there, I am the developer of Outlining Colors 🙂

Also, thanks for using mod 🙂 It gives a lot of motivation to do more.

First off I would like to wish you well and hope you and your family are safe. Second I would like to thank you for making this mod so I don't have to edit and send files to friends and clan mates that also can't see WG colors that well. 

I hadn't updated mods since the #10 installer and reading through the change log I saw where it said you could select colors in game. I didn't pay attention to who the mod author was since for the longest time there was only Rajcels mod. I edited his mod to be a color I can see best so I had his config file in my custom mod.zip. Not realizing after the install I now had two mods doing the same thing causing neither to work. Now that you and Aslain have pointed out they are two different mods I did some more testing. 

Here is your mod with normal color mode working as intended. 

Spoiler

image.png.0dfbd0c9365efc66f8fdfbc5a5c8cc26.png

Here is you mod in color blind mode which most people will be using while using this mod.

Spoiler

image.png.48c1531ca3203b0c82a166a0f03154c9.png

As you can see your mod does not work in color blind mode. The silhouette should match the OTM.

In Rajcels config file there are two separate setting for each color mode. Don't worry their mod is also broken with the new outlines they have in game now. 

Spoiler

image.png.6e99f6cd37d827e004473e17c2505c08.png

image.png.62cce28571718015c19d2bc67329259b.png

If you could add a color blind option to your mod that would not only fix the problem but make it the best mod for people that cant see WGs colors that well. I have been asking around and trying to figure out how to make a color blind mod to select your own colors as yours does but for everything. Not just tank outline or OTM. Editing xvm files for OTM markers and mini map icons for friends and clan mates over the years gets tiring after a while. Not knowing how to code in python has also set me back but I have managed to change OTM, mini map icons, player panel HP bars, with xvm and silhouettes with Rajcels mod. The only thing I can't or haven't found a mod to change is the score board tank icons across the top of the screen. 

So to close this up is a small suggestion or two. First I would make this mod for color blind mod or add an option to switch between the two. Second I would also add the ability to change your own tanks silhouette color like you can in Rajcels. Finally for some motivation to do more would be a mod with a color picker that would override the color blind mode or even the regular color mode since it would change everything in game. 

Edited by AssM0nk3y

@AssM0nk3y first of all, thanks for kind words. It means a lot. ❤️ 
The update that fixes colorblind mode (it just applies changes you selected in mod configurator in normal and also colorblind mode). If I make separate settings for normal and colorblind the amount of settings and code to handle it will raise significantly, so I thought that applying changes to both modes will be good solution.
Update is coming soon but I am busy with my Master's degree study at the moment. But when I will have time to release the update I will notice you and Aslain as well.

The update has not only these changes (colorblind mode fixes) but also changes to configurator look, custom transparency settings, fixed default colors to be more WG's ones, fixed applying default colors when mod is disabled. I might add in future support to showing squadmen/teamkiller(tbh it doesn't needed nowadays in random but might be useful in some strongholds or global map battles) and maybe rating (mostly WTR) of players.

Screenshot of update, btw:

Spoiler

image.png.a7db14086def6624a1e154b2f9b1eb93.png

image.png.af3c596a6114135de2e208243693dfb6.png

image.png.0caf217f2e38392690617a5b8776c3c1.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 2:06 AM, AssM0nk3y said:

The only thing I can't or haven't found a mod to change is the score board tank icons across the top of the screen. 

By the way, there IS mod to do it. Saw it recently in Aslain's. Not sure if it's part of XVM.
Just saying that there is such mod.

On 5/30/2022 at 8:17 AM, Kurzdor said:

By the way, there IS mod to do it. Saw it recently in Aslain's. Not sure if it's part of XVM.
Just saying that there is such mod.

There is Aslains mod that changes the colors to his tank class color scheme. Im talking about changing them to all one color like color blind mode does. There has to be a way to make a mod to over ride the games colorblind mode so you can pick your own color. Im just not good enough to make it haha.