Game Crash in Battle

• Administrator

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:/Users/robga/AppData/Roaming/Wargaming.net/WorldOfTanks\\dossier_cache\\NRXWO2LOGIXHAMJOO5XXE3DEN5THIYLONNZS4ZLVHIZDAMBRGY5U45LSNVXXK5DIHNIGYYLZMVZECY3DN52W45A=.dat'

Permission denied, not a mod bug, it's a effect of the file being locked or not accessible i.e. when there is no permissions for current user. I don't know if this can cause crashing, but anything possible.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, sixpackdaddy said:

I had a crash on my EU account after the modpack update. The battle started and I noticed the graphics on the tank tracks were not correct. The battle started and then the game crashed. I was immediately able to log back in and finish the battle. This was not in the 780 and I do not have the 780 on this account, but I do have the modpack setup on the EU as I do on the NA. I am attaching the logs for the EU. I will be logging into an NA account that also does not have the 780, but has the same modpack setup. A little later I will play on my main NA account with the 780. If I have an issues on either account I will attach the logs.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 136.56 kB · 2 downloads

I don't see any mod related errors and no even a clue except of what @Aslain said.

By the way, @Aslain that could be any AV program that tried to check this file. Why not.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Kurzdor said:

I don't see any mod related errors and no even a clue except of what @Aslain said.

By the way, @Aslain that could be any AV program that tried to check this file. Why not.

I wouldn't be surprised, majority of all that false-positives is thanks to a dumb heuristic method of detection that is used by all AV software.

Not to diminish the role of antiviruses, but from my very long experience with them (since the 1980s), I must say that at the beginning, until around 2003, they were good for something and actually caught real viruses. Later, their functions include fighting cracks for games and programs, where they scared users with imaginary viruses, probably some cooperation with the developers of these games and programs, and this is still the case today. Briefly and generally speaking 🙂

• Like 1