Error installing Aslain mods

Go to solution Solved by Quaksen,

28 minutes ago, Aslain said:

CCAtlas.exe is used in colored minimap coordinates mod. Maybe you are not installing on admin account, or AV is interrupting it.

Just installed using Admin and also checked AV and both World of Tanks and Wargaming.net Game Center are allowed.

2 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Because you are selecting it in the modpack, so select your actual game folder.

You can find it opening Game Center, click game settings and “Show in Folder”

Not quite understanding what you need me to do. I opened Game Center. Clicked on Game Settings then Show in Folder and it opens up to my World_of_Tanks_ NA folder. Not sure what to do after that.

1 minute ago, Kodiak65 said:

Not quite understanding what you need me to do. I opened Game Center. Clicked on Game Settings then Show in Folder and it opens up to my World_of_Tanks_ NA folder. Not sure what to do after that.

Think I figured it out. Will let you know in a bit. When I went through the Aslains updater it was showing the EU for destination not NA. Not sure why that changed as I've never used the EU folder for any mods. But it's downloading now to NA. Will take a bit since my internet sucks and with your new server location I only download around 60-100KB/s 😕

4 minutes ago, Kodiak65 said:

You figured it out 🙂

You'd probably be surprised how many aren't aware where their game is actually installed, so cases like this, I always throw in the note on how to find the folder

And yes - it opens your game folder, so you can see the path - which is what you need to see in the modpack

5 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

You figured it out 🙂

You'd probably be surprised how many aren't aware where their game is actually installed, so cases like this, I always throw in the note on how to find the folder

And yes - it opens your game folder, so you can see the path - which is what you need to see in the modpack

I knew where my game was, but a couple updates ago I noticed the mods weren't working. Wasn't sure what the problem was. But this last update I got that error. Then when you mentioned EU is when I decided to try reinstalling the Aslain mods again and that's when I noticed that the destination was my EU folder, not the NA one. Until you said something I didn't think to check and see if the Aslains updater had the correct destination as I've never had a problem with it switching before. Now I know to check that each time I update to make sure it hasn't switched.

Edited by Kodiak65

No clue how it could end up switching on it's own 😄 

Did you ever run the uninstaller, like when you normally uninstall a program? That might have wiped where the modpack remembers where things are.

(You'd only ever need to use uninstaller if you wanted to never use modpack again)

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Quaksen said:

No clue how it could end up switching on it's own 😄 

Did you ever run the uninstaller, like when you normally uninstall a program? That might have wiped where the modpack remembers where things are.

(You'd only ever need to use uninstaller if you wanted to never use modpack again)

It's fixed. Never used the Uninstaller. You know, I just build this system a couple months ago. I don't recall the mods ever working on this system. I'm going to bet that with the new install it defaulted to the EU folder and I never noticed it until now.... I'm a dork lol.

• Solution

Ahhhh, that might explain it then 😄

I guess you might have picked a new mod this time, and it finally threw up that error, since most other mods would install normally, apart from it maybe saying that client wasn't detected 😄

Happy gaming - now with mods! 😉 hehe!

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Ahhhh, that might explain it then 😄

I guess you might have picked a new mod this time, and it finally threw up that error, since most other mods would install normally, apart from it maybe saying that client wasn't detected 😄

Happy gaming - now with mods! 😉 hehe!

Appreciate your time in helping me. Have a great day 🙂

• Upvote 1