WoT Modpack update to 1.24.1.2 is in progress... ×

Mod pack causing WoT crash

OK, I am still not able to get mod to work. I removed WoT and mod from computer, ran virus scan, even took it back to Best Buy for full check. Computer is clean and in great shape! I have only had it for 4 months anyway. I reinstalled WoT, downloaded Aslain mod pack. WoT was working prior to applying mod. Mod pack downloaded and installed without an apparent problem. When I opened WoT, I got the startup screen with the progress bar. The progress bar went to about 85-90% and then the program crashed. I ran "_integrity"; however, encountered the same crash. There is not a virus on my computer. The mod is simply causing WoT to crash for some other reason. My computer is a Lenovo product and I have only had it for 4 months, so latest Windows operating system. Any ideas? I would really like to run Aslain when playing WoT. Let me know if you need any other information to assist in answer. Thanks for any and all help.

*** Apologies for the wall-of-text ***  <_<

Well, that's kinda PC basics though but I assume you're like 50+ y/o perhaps (apologies if you aren't). >_>

I try to explain it simply, even though it might not really be the most simple way, if you know your way around a bit better.

Go to where the files (_Aslain_logs.zip and python.log) are at, use your mouse, right-click on one of them and choose copy.

Now you go to your desktop (for simplicity), use your mouse again, right-click on a free area there and choose paste.

Repeat this with the other file and you should now have both in one place (on your desktop).

Next you have a choise, either create a second archive where the python.log goes in or simply rename the python.log by adding a .txt to its name; the result will be python.log.txt.

Since it's possible that you might not be able to see file-extensions, I'll also talk about the former.

To add the python.log to an archive, you right-click on the file and you should be able to choose Add to (an) archive now.

Do this and in the pop-up window you will be asked what to do next.

You only want to change the type of extension the archive will be getting, which is .zip.

Now you have your files ready to use and all that's left is to use the website here to upload them.

Either edit one of your posts or add another reply and below the text-box you will find a button that states More Reply Options -> click it.

After that, a new text-box will appear and below it there is an area called Attach Files, with a button named Choose Files (which let's you search your harddrive for the files you may want to add to your post).

Next, choose your desktop as the location and select the 2 .zip files you have put there and see them being uploaded after hitting Open.

The last thing you can do and is optional, is to click somewhere in your post (where you want the files to be added) and next to your uploaded files (below the text-box) you will find another button called Add to Post -> click it for each file.

If you don't do this last step, the files will simply be added at the end of your post after hitting Submit.

And that should be it.

OK, thanks for the detailed instructions. I have attached the requested files. Yes, I am over 50, 55 to be exact, hope that doesn't make anyone ROFLOL. Learned that one several weeks ago!

I hope this helps you guys see if there is a problem. If I need to try and install one more time, let me know.

Thanks again for all help!

Knights

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.rar.zip

OK, thanks for the detailed instructions. I have attached the requested files. Yes, I am over 50, 55 to be exact, hope that doesn't make anyone ROFLOL. Learned that one several weeks ago!

I hope this helps you guys see if there is a problem. If I need to try and install one more time, let me know.

Thanks again for all help!

Knights

No worries, I find it rather cool that you use a PC, play WoT and mod your client.

A lot of older people just don't use/need to use the PC all that much or at all and therefore don't give a ***** about it.

The only thing my dad can do with a PC is literally to watch the screen.. so that's that. =P

As for logs, you will have to wait for the experts (which I'm not) to have a look at it and see if they can find anything.

I'll check them but I doubt that I'll be of any help with those.

Other things you could try in the meantime is to also get other software up-to-date, that might be required by the mods in the pack.

You can visit https://ninite.com/ and check some of the boxes there and get an installer that updates those things for you.

Runtimes

- Java

- .NET

- Shockwave

Check the boxes, hit Get installer and then run the installer and wait until it finishes.

Could restart your PC and see if that already helped any.

EditYou use a lot of sound mods and since I don't use any of them, I'm not sure if all of them work together.

Try to only use 1 from the voices and maybe 1 from gun/engine sounds (better yet, start out using none of them in a fresh install, to see if they are causing any issues and work your way up to more).

Yes, check all those 3 boxes.

Then the installer will try to update them in one go.

When the installer runs, you can click on details and see if it downloads/installs things or if they were already updated to their latest versions.

Hm, not sure if it does.

More importantly, did it help you any?

What windows are you using, 8 by any chance?

Edit: Well, if you're running win8, it's possible that you have to install .NET 3.5 manually.

You can do this by going to your Control Panel > Programs (uninstalls a program) > Turn Windows features on or off (on the left-hand side) and mark the box with .NET Framework 3.5.

Alternatively and/or as an addition, you can watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbpa48npM0 to help with guidance.

I have no clue though, if that will help with your issue but it's possible since older applications still require older versions of .NET.

Also, did you check if your graphics card driver are up-to-date? You didn't give information about it, so it still might be an issue as well.

It's a lot of guessing on my part and I'm sorry if nothing could help so far but I'm also not a PC wizard either, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Kind of a good news / bad news situation then..

Great that your system seems to be alright regarding those things.

But unless someone else can come up with any ideas or the 3 threads, that I've been monitoring (and pointing out) will have updates, then I've reached the end of the rope. =(

The game shouldn't crash and it doesn't for me, even after using Aslain's pack for months.

So it's hard to say what else it could be.

The only other thing I can see is the sound mods, but I'm not using any of them, so it'd be a long-shot.

Try not using any of them and install like this:

post-142-0-50309700-1408162119_thumb.png

I really don't know what else it could be, I wish I would.