Change Non-Historical Tank Names

Is there a mod that renames tanks like the "Mars" italy-It13_Progetto_M35_mod_46_LE.pngback to Progetto M35 mod.46italy-It13_Progetto_M35_mod_46.png and so on?

I have no problem with tanks like the "Emil 1951" since the stats are different, but the "Mars" is 1/1 the same tank as the Progetto. Its hard for me to understand why certain tanks have different names because of the styles they have on. That's like calling the Obj.277 "Fluffy" just because you equipped that 3D style. Like come on.

So my question is: is there a mod that does this for me? Or can I somehow rename them in the game files in way that is not too frustrating to do every patch?

41 minutes ago, Aslain said:

You can change tank names by editing the game localization files or defining a new tank name in the XVM config.

And I'm guessing that I would have to do that every patch... hm.

42 minutes ago, Aslain said:

You won't be able to change it in custom contour icons.

Custom Icons meaning the ones provided by the Aslain modpack? Couldn't the "Mars" tank be renamed the same as the Progetto, so that the game loads in the Progetto's contour? I don't know much about how the skins and HUD element modifications work, but there surely has to be a way.

I still couldn't find a mod that replaces tanks names in any way, that could be used for this application.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

• Administrator

Yes, every patch that is changing that localization files. Not in in case of the XVM config method, you would only have to add new tanks there (vehicleNames.xc). Contour icons names can be only changed if you own contour icons project and manually change tank names there either manually (in photoshop) or TIM.