Problem with marking a target/asking a player to "Follow me!"

If I am playing arty and wish to aim to a certain spot on the map, I can right click in the mini map (where there are no tanks) and instantly my aim point is moved to that spot.  This works great, but often I see in the chat that I have either inadvertently clicked on an ally tank and asked him to "Follow me!", or I have indicated that I am targeting an enemy tank.  These tanks are somewhere in between my arty and the spot I have clicked on the map.  But, these tanks are no where near the actual spot where I clicked.  Very often, they are maybe 50m in front of me and the spot where I clicked is maybe 800m away.  This is very annoying to me as well as my teammates.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem?  It would be ok to remove the follow me function as being an arty only player, I almost never ask anyone to follow me....lol.

I also understand that maybe because I am truly a professional "clicker" that my clicking is so powerful that it may be that I just do not know my own clicking strength.... B)

Thanks for any assistance.

• Downvote 1

Update.  It is AutoAim + that is causing the problem.  Even while in normal view, not strategic spg view, if I right clicked in an area in front of my arty where there was no tank at all, it would notify the nearest tank in chat to follow me.  It even once indicated that I was attacking a dead ally tank...lol.  I will post in the bugs section.