Advanced Chat greyed out?

since the 5.5 reformat, the Advanced Chat has been greyed-out in setup and unselectable.  whats the status with this mod? (devs point to a russian-only forum for questions) or is this maybe just on my client that i have this issue?

thanks --

On 5/10/2016 at 1:21 PM, Quaksen said:

Improved Chat is greyed out because it's not properly updated yet. There's an RU version, but who wants Russian cluttering their client :P

immersion! :P

thanks, i also needed verification that it wasnt my issue clientside.

Edited by marcocom

I'd ported it to latest version, and fix the username which contains Chinese character, but I don't know if I can publish this modified file without the author's agreement.

I used FFDec to decompile the combat_log.swf file, copy the source code of Chat script from 0.5.4.x plugin, and it's done.

To fix username bug, I change the replace method to:

param1.message = param1.message.replace(":","(" + Translator.translate(_loc2_.shipIDS) + ") :");

(make it replace by the colon instead of username, variable name "param1" and "_loc2_" may different during decompile)

• Administrator
12 hours ago, kookxiang said:

I'd ported it to latest version, and fix the username which contains Chinese character, but I don't know if I can publish this modified file without the author's agreement.

I used FFDec to decompile the combat_log.swf file, copy the source code of Chat script from 0.5.4.x plugin, and it's done.

To fix username bug, I change the replace method to:

param1.message = param1.message.replace(":","(" + Translator.translate(_loc2_.shipIDS) + ") :");

(make it replace by the colon instead of username, variable name "param1" and "_loc2_" may different during decompile)

Up on you, you may ask the author. If you post it, I will add it to modpack. I would say Just credit original author only and release it.

• 1 month later...

wait, can i ask a ridiculous question?  are you telling me that youre doing these mods, even stuff like this chat mod, using Actionscript in Flash???   because, heh.  this is funy, but im actually a very highly experienced expert in that language! i was one of the foremost actionscript developers in the california area, back when it was a thing for over a decade!  im like a god with that language (i do javascript now for a living, and would probably need to brush-up, but... the things ive created in that language... it does make you feel like a god...heh)  am i able to get involved then in the mod-creation or conversion effort??   are you guys telling me that youre literally decompiling swf files? 

omg, i think i love this game now more than ever before and i fucking love this game , and have spent hundreds of dollars on ships and shit.  omg omg. 

how can i get started?  is there a good entrypoint or any FLA/.as files available online to review about this??

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, marcocom said:

wait, can i ask a ridiculous question?  are you telling me that youre doing these mods, even stuff like this chat mod, using Actionscript in Flash???   because, heh.  this is funy, but im actually a very highly experienced expert in that language! i was one of the foremost actionscript developers in the california area, back when it was a thing for over a decade!  im like a god with that language (i do javascript now for a living, and would probably need to brush-up, but... the things ive created in that language... it does make you feel like a god...heh)  am i able to get involved then in the mod-creation or conversion effort??   are you guys telling me that youre literally decompiling swf files? 

ActionScript / Flash is what Wargaming is using for their game, yes. :P

so we just are using SWF format to house assets and the mods are written in like LUA or whatever?  that makes sense.  i guess i just wondered. heh. (assuming youre being sarcastic :)

can i ask, is there any modding forums URL that i can lurk on and see how to get involved?  also seeing how aslain puts that 'Aslains_Custom_mods' folder for bootstrapping,  i want to break stuff!! :D

Edited by marcocom
  • Administrator

The bad news about WoWs (unlike in WoT) is that many swf files are protected, you have to sign an agreement with WG to get access to them.

It's hard to find anything unless modders post their own guides, I would suggest to dig in to mod sections on EU/NA/ASIA.

As for  Aslains_Custom_mods  folder simply pack the things up but with path starting with res_mods folder, and the installer shall unpack it for you in the end. It's unpacking to WoT folder. If you are still unsure how to pack, check my Aslains_DLC_cache folder, files there have same format.