WoT Modpack update to 1.24.1.2 is in progress... ×

Modpack installs before downloading is finished

Apologies for the long post but i figure the more info the better. So i've had a problem that started with the 0.9.16.01 modpack and has now reappeared. I pick the mods i want and it begins downloading. I have say 60mb to download but when it gets to 40mb (the amount downloaded varies each time) it stops downloading what remains and just installs whatever it has up to that point. I tried deleting the cache and trying to download from scratch again but it continued. 0.9.16.02 released and the issue stopped. 0.9.16.03 dropped and the problem returned so i reverted to 0.9.16.02 and everything was fine. I haven't updated the modpack since 0.9.16.02 but todays micropatch meant i had to and now the problem is back. I have made exceptions in my anti virus and even turned it off completely to no avail. I ran some tests and it happens everytime the modpack is downloading one of the Gnomefather gunsound mods. It doesn't matter which one i choose, it doesn't matter which order the modpack is downloading the various mods, whenever Gnomefathers is 40%-60% downloaded, the modpack cancels the rest of the download and installs what it has. Is something on my end causing this as i can't get to the root of the issue but don't want to just blame it on the modpack...

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by PitbullPilot
  • Administrator

Well this is a network issue between you and the DLC server. I cannot fix it in the installer without totaly rebuilding downloading system, to something new via torrent, or change the DLC to totaly new location that works for you.

It's affecting big files mostly, you may try to download them manualy and put into Aslains_DLC_cache folder.

http://rtor.nyx.feralhosting.com/files/WoT/

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

there seems to be afew people with this problem as aslain says  u have to download the mods separately as of what I do

Agreed there is a lot of people having the problem but it shouldn't have to be something we all have to do (download all the mods separately). Sounds like there may be a problem with the DLC server and that the admin of the server should be looking into to see what may be causing the problem,,,,,, 1 or 2 people here or there isn't anything but a little hiccup but when that number climbs to more than that I personally would be looking into the server itself to see what issues there may be , not saying it's 100% the server's fault but it would be a great starting point with a problem like this...

well I juts tried downloading   the gun sounds from that page aslain   just posted  and during   download it was interrupted  about 40% of 46m  I resumed  waited for it to finish and  it didn't download properly

2 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

I have the same issue with  hitskin mods ,  but if I go to the author site and download it , its fine

It took me like 3 tries to get the hitskin mod to completely download using the modpack, luckily I haven't had to go the other route just yet for that