Latest update not installing

Sure. I installed Ice Dragon by Comodo. It comes with prepackaged cloud anti virus programs that I was unaware of because I didn't read everything when I installed it. Once I uninstalled them, the installer worked fine.

I'm trying to find a lighter browser to use to stream music while I'm in the game and it's one of the ones I'm testing. Firefox works fine for that but it has memory creep. So does WOT. I've only got 8 gigs of memory atm and plan on adding more but in the meantime I'm trying to keep my memory usage down. I have to keep an eye on it otherwise after a couple hours of play, between the browser and the game, I can end up with 90% or more being used. If it hits 100%, which has happened, the computer locks up. So about every hour or hour and a half I shut both down and restart them. After restart it drops to about 35 - 38% and will be fine for anther hour or so. It's a quick fix but it works until I get more memory for my rig. I shut down all unnecessary programs running in the background but still run MSI Afterburner, HWinfo64, and Teamspeak as well. Those 3 don't really use much memory and don't appear to leak much, if at all.

In short, yes, it was an anti virus program that appeared to be blocking it.

• Upvote 1

Ah, hmm.. it's a browser it seems, that shouldn't mess with a program you're trying to install, that seems weird. But I'm glad you solved it, not sure anything could be done there. :blush1:

But if it's bundled with other stuff fro Comodo, that would explain that.

As for your streaming, if you can load it into something like foobar2000 or another free lightweight media player, that could be an option instead of a browser.

(I also noticed Firefox being memory hungry, and I know Chrome is, especially with extensions installed)

Thanks for the help. I've used media players before and that works fine if I have media loaded on my system. But I'm live streaming radio stations, talk and music. I think using a browser is the only way to do that as far as I've been able to learn so far. I've been trying to find an app or other browserless solution but haven't really found anything for PC use. So finding something other than Firefox, that has a lighter resource footprint, is the option I'm looking at.

3 hours ago, blake690 said:

Thanks for the help. I've used media players before and that works fine if I have media loaded on my system. But I'm live streaming radio stations, talk and music. I think using a browser is the only way to do that as far as I've been able to learn so far. I've been trying to find an app or other browserless solution but haven't really found anything for PC use. So finding something other than Firefox, that has a lighter resource footprint, is the option I'm looking at.

Try using Spotify. They have a free version, and it has plenty of good music, podcasts, etc...
https://www.spotify.com/us/