Changes to mod pack not made by me.

Every time there is an update I have to check to see what changes are made to mod. Like from 1 sight to another. Hell one time my crew was speaking another language because I didn't check everything. This wastes a lot of time checking to make sure everything is how I want it. Is it really that hard to write the program so it does change shit without it being told too. But most recently. I didn't even update my mod and my sights were changed and I don't know what else was changed yet. I like your mods a lot. But if I have to keep wasting time put shit back in order. I'll have to find a better mod pack.

• Downvote 4
  • Administrator

This is why there is a changelog, if you are unsure what mod was changed jsut read the changelog. Really hard to advise you more sicne you didn't give me a proper example, like what was updated, when, and what happened about it. It's hard to discuss it in general.

The modpack remembers selections between each update. It's already coded like that.

Settings doesn't change without you changing something.

You said you didn't update modpack - and things changed - that's impossible - you changed something yourself. Things doesn't just magically change without you doing something.

Edit: There's no reason for the personal attacks. Relax. :blush1:

Edited by Quaksen
  • Upvote 2

The changelog is in the modpack itself, but also viewable here, 

or on the WG forums, or on Discord.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "how do I change things without downloading the modpack".. you need to run the modpack in order to change your selections.

I asked "how do I change things without downloading the modpack". Because I don't download the mod pack until a WoT update makes the modpack incompatible with the game. Something I did not do for some time. i checked my replays looking for the changes I'm talking about. But the replays are played with current modpack settings and not the settings that were current at the time of the game. If it happens again. I will record it. Plus I will have to wait for the next time the modpack needs updating to show you what I mean.

Yes I know that. But as I have said many many many times. It changed on it's own. Because I haven't downloaded the modpack until just recently. You guys sound like wargaming from a couple of years agao. Swearing up and down. That their game was so secure that cheating was impossible. Well we all know what happened there. But it happened again. I noticed I had some redunancy in my mods. Like the high cal count and I had "backspace" and "B" button to look at my crew skills. I also took out the dam., spotting and blocked dam. counter. I did not touch SPG sights at all. But you will see in the videos. They were changed.

The only times things change - is when you run and install the modpack. Things do not change if you don't run the modpack. It's that simple. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

If you run the modpack - and some mods you were using on previous install is not currently updated and thus missing - THEN things can change, when you install, because it'll auto-pick a similar option.

"If you run the modpack - and some mods you were using on previous install is not currently updated and thus missing - THEN things can change, when you install, because it'll auto-pick a similar option."

I wasn't using any mod for my SPG sight in the first video. In the second video. My sights were moded. So please explain to me how my non-moded sights were not updated and thus missing and then changed.

"The only times things change - is when you run and install the modpack. Things do not change if you don't run the modpack. It's that simple. It's IMPOSSIBLE. "

Yes it is possible because it happened to me. I got off work went right to the computer for a few games before bed and it was changed. God getting flashback of WG CS when they adamant that it was IMPOSSIBLE to cheat in their game.

Jesus christ. Okay then.

Explain how the modpack changes things on your computer - when you aren't installing the modpack again... you CLAIM that you didn't install the modpack, and things changed?

Explain that. Because it's not possible.

Imagine for example... suddenly Grand Theft Auto V is installed on your computer - without you running the installer - that's not possible, right?...

If you run windows 10 it is possible. You have to go into the coding to change that. Look it up. I'm not going too deep into that now, because it off point a bit. And I don't know how it changes. That why I'm contacting you. I went to work I had one set up. I come back and it's different. And I see how you are ignoring how running the modpack update again. Changed my non-moded sights to moded.

• Downvote 1

There's a HUGE difference between Windows Update (which is a service that always runs on your computer)

And a program that you NEED to run yourself, for it to change something.

Aslain's modpack isn't a service that runs all the time and suddenly changes your stuff, without you running the modpack and going through with the install. It's that simple.

I'm not ignoring anything at all... you are, however. This is pointless.

If you not ignoring anything. How did my sight change in the 2 videos I posted?

"Imagine for example... suddenly Grand Theft Auto V is installed on your computer - without you running the installer - that's not possible, right?... "

"There's a HUGE difference between Windows Update (which is a service that always runs on your computer)

And a program that you NEED to run yourself, for it to change something."

How is installing the full game of minecraft without consent needed for a windows update?

One circle in one video.

Two circles in the other.

Correct?

You added/removed server crosshair.

The actual sight didn't change.

Correct?

You made a change. You added or removed the server crosshair.

And with all your posts, you have yet to attach any log files, by the way.

They wouldn't change, if you didn't do something yourself.

It either changed because:

You installed modpack, and things changed, with or without your knowledge of seeing that selections changed.

You changed the server crosshair in WoT settings.

Look at my signature, it's been there every post. It's also stickied.

You claimed that you didn't run the modpack. But you did then, if the selections changed. So please, either stop lying, or tell the correct information. Please.

You are ignoring what I said... or misunderstood it.

I said - clearly - that things cannot change - if you do not run the modpack - but you CLEARLY did run the modpack.

If you want to remove the double circle, then remove this selection:

Server crosshair
               PMOD server crosshair
                  server crosshair: magenta

• Upvote 1

Of course I've changed it I have said many times in this feed I have changed it recently. I said it happened after I got out of work (14-15.02.2020). But I didn't tell you that so that is my fault. I didn't want to lose out on the x4 first game bonuses. But I have made a recording on my settings. So next time I have to update the modpack. We will see what happens.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

The same thing happened to me.
After the last major update, aslain mods did not install the things I had in the settings.Everything was messed up.And so far I have not got the mode installed as I would have liked.Still installs incorrectly and many things are not installed even though they are in settings.For many years everything has worked and now it is not working.I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, moved to a new place, nothing changes.And no one can help and understand what's going on.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Between your last logs and current ones...

These things were added, either as a result of a sub-option being changed, or you selecting it:

OTM Class Icons: default colors
               Size of floating damage taken
                  damage taken size: 18 [default]

Large: from default XVM

Show view range circle while standing (white)

-----------[ XVM Damage Log (movable with L.CTRL + mouse)]---------------
            Damage Log from XVM team
         --------------------[ Efficiency counters ]----------------------------------------
            counters on top of screen

Show Gold spending locker

Sight: position no. 2 (on the top)

Gold ammo visibility mod
            Purple

Crew Exp
               Crew Exp by WGMods

Change default voices
                        to female

And these things were removed, as a result of you removing them or them not being updated between then and now:

Style of floating damage texts
                  Colored text with black outlines

Remove rank badge icon

Large: Advanced (both overal & individual tank stats)

Artillery sight on the minimap
               type 8

Sight: position no. 1 (on the right)

-------------------[ Damage Logs ]-----------------------------------
            Damage Log GambitER (config by ZeesuS)

Gold ammo visibility mod
            Red

Enable auto-mounting of camouflage

Crew Voice Selector
                        All voices to American