so... complete reinstall if you really only want to change one thing, right?

• 1 month later...

I dont understand why this is so complicated. Why do I have to load an INF file while it is always in the same location? why do i get all these "cant overwrite file in use errors"?

I basically cant ever work from the previous config, im always working from the config when I first installed it.

So i have to rename the Inf file before i reinstall to reconfigure. ModStation is so much simpler.

Not to mention the file is dodgy and not liked by virus scanners AND youre asking for donations while it basically works like a win 95 application.

Please just let us on the fly edit without all these complications.

For those wondering: yes autospy and badobest and some other mods remember their settings even after you uninstall from ModStation to Aslain.

Question for the makers of this: can i just open inf file and edit in text editor?

thanks for your fast reply

the modpack config loader loads the file which locks it so it cant be overwritten.

the config loader needs to keep running for the reinstaller to work

at the end of reinstall the inf file is attempted to be written but I cant "cant overwrite because in use" errrors

yes ive quit wows

this is so tedious. make it like modstation and ill gladly donate.

please use your website effectively and in addition to a fan forum ALSO add a few very zsimple YouTube instruction videos. Whenever a developer says "easy' about their own work, I run away. Of course its easy, you made it. Not for someone who just wants to shoot at ships and doesnt know much else about software.

3 minutes ago, F4rthD3v1l said:

thanks for your fast reply

the modpack config loader loads the file which locks it so it cant be overwritten.

the config loader needs to keep running for the reinstaller to work

at the end of reinstall the inf file is attempted to be written but I cant "cant overwrite because in use" errrors

yes ive quit wows

this is so tedious. make it like modstation and ill gladly donate.

please use your website effectively and in addition to a fan forum ALSO add a few very zsimple YouTube instruction videos. Whenever a developer says "easy' about their own work, I run away. Of course its easy, you made it. Not for someone who just wants to shoot at ships and doesnt know much else about software.

Well, all i have to do is run the installer again and it loads the prev config. Right. The config loader is for configs OTHER than the one thats active. Alll very much expected knowledge and not very clearly explained. I think I understand now, but my point stands. Just add a guided youtube for this. Also why does WOT have a guides section but not WOWS? Anyway, thanks for your years of hard work and dedication to the community. Sorry if my feedback is a bit harsh.

1 hour ago, F4rthD3v1l said:

I dont understand why this is so complicated. Why do I have to load an INF file while it is always in the same location? why do i get all these "cant overwrite file in use errors"?

You shouldn't need to load an INF, unless someone else sent you a setup.
And I'm fairly sure that after one install, the setup is saved in registry, and should be loaded just by running modpack next time.

You shouldn't run the LoadINF program every time - which it kinda sounds like you're doing? Hmm 🙂