Zooming and Trees

Since the update trees no longer become transparent when I zoom in (including the ones in mid view).  I am using the 60x 10 mod.

Is this a problem with the mod or has 9.7 prevented it?

It really kinda defeats the whole zoom thing for me.  I can see bugs on tree leaves but not the tank behind them.

There is a feature in WOT itself to make trees and bushes transparent... CLICK ME    I clicked on it and it seems to work fine. Still see a little but can at least see thru em. Hope that helps a little.

Thanks sc00ter. - I tried that option and it doesn't fix the problem.  In fact I can't tell what effect if any it has.

Since the update trees no longer become transparent when I zoom in (including the ones in mid view).  I am using the 60x 10 mod.

Is this a problem with the mod or has 9.7 prevented it?

It really kinda defeats the whole zoom thing for me.  I can see bugs on tree leaves but not the tank behind them.

I cant see throw bushes....

Thanks.

There is a feature in WOT itself to make trees and bushes transparent... CLICK ME    I clicked on it and it seems to work fine. Still see a little but can at least see thru em. Hope that helps a little.

This option only controls the alpha level of bushes/trees/etc that are within 15m of your tank. (checked - bushes are transparent, unchecked - bushes are VERY transparent)

This has largely little to do with the problem OP is referring to. Let me see if I can find a few screens that display the behavior:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/412077-zoom-in-remove-foliage/

Basically the first post shows the exact behavior that I was observing before, if you installed zoom mods above x8, at great distance it would "disperse" the bush graphics and allow you to see better.

My personal guess is that due to BW engine update WG changed the implementation of the vegetation rendering and this no longer works like it used to.

Tundra mod is not the same functionality as it actually makes trees within larger radius transparent (100-200m instead of 15m).

Speedtree just removes all foliage from rendering, which is also not the same.

Hi

Tundra mod has become very popular. My personal opinion is that they all 

do a halfassed job.

Speedtree replaces original trees with much thinner foliage, looks wierd but gives good fps. 

Tundra is too on/off, unrealistic and you have to toggle a lot if you try to find bushes where enemy could hide et.c. 

This would be a good option where you could adjust density, realistic and not that cheaty. 

More blurring/transparency than removing

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/356326-banned-mods/page__pid__7269970#entry7269970