Instructional Document For 1st Time Mod Install

I really hate having to ask this but I tried searching this website for an instructional document that explains how to install these mods for the first time, but here I am without any other recourse.  It seems that every couple of years I have to reinstall everything on my computer because of some virus getting on there, and there is no way that I can remember what I was told the last time.  Therefore, I would think that it would save everyone some grief if there was a link to some document, that I'm sure you probably have, that explains how to install and configure your pc to work with the mods.  I read one of your posts, and it said to select the appropriate directory to install the mods.  Unfortunately, it didn't say what the appropriate directory is.  Is it the game directory or is it the default directly that comes up when you attempt to install the mods.  It's a simple little item, but when things don't work, you are left wondering if you selected the wrong directory.  Also, I do remember that I was told some two years ago that when you run the mods for the first time, you must configure or turn something else on, before the mods actually work to your game.  Can you remind me of what that is?  These are the things that could easily be covered in a simple little document with a link to it from the down load page.  At least, that would be my suggestion.  I mean no disrespect to anyone here, but like everyone, no one likes to be chasing their tail in circles to find something and not be able to do so.  I would appreciate answers to those two questions, or at least point me at the information.  Thanks, Sincerely, PavLov777

an "Instructional Document" shouldn't be needed, as it's as simple as:

Download modpack. Click/double click to run it. Pick your game directory (should be obvious it's game directory that needs to be picked, otherwise how would the mods appear in your game? 😛). Pick your mods from the list, continue onto next pages. Final page or so has a list of some things, related to your "you must configure or turn something else on, before the mods actually work to your game" which is going to modxvm.com to activate it, if you want stats displayed using XVM.

Thanks for responding.  I think that because you live and breath this stuff every day, it seems really intuitive, however; even your statement about putting it into the game directory could be more specific.  I'm not sure if my set up is a lot different than others or not.  There is at least two possibilities that I can see right from the top in my situation.  I've included a snap shot of what I have.  First, do you direct the installation to the top directory  "World of Tanks", or would it go into "World_of_Tanks_NA"?  Also, when I ran Aslains today, I was specifically looking for instructions at the end that would explain any other steps one has to take to activate it on your PC.  The only information that I found was about going to the XVM site and activating the statistics, which I am well aware of.  It's possible that I remembered incorrectly about the process the last time that I had to rebuild my PC.  I thought there may have been something else that I needed to activate.  Otherwise, I do suppose the instructional doc I was suggesting would be very short and sweet.  As I said, I really didn't want to trouble anyone with it, but I was having difficulty getting this reinstalled, among all the other things I had to do.  If you could just clear up the directory question I would appreciate that.  Thanks  PavLov777

WOT Directories.jpg

will explain step by step how to get the correct pathfile start the WGcenter, press the Play button and check if the game is starting. you will see a button called Game settings, click that and a drop down menu open, then click on the Show in folder (as shown in pic below)

922nDue.png

once you click Show in folder it will open file explorer where you installed your WOT use the EXACT same pathfile that is open for the installer. (picture below is my pathfile, yours can/will be different)

CRqSaeb.png

HHjnHC1.png

as you can see in the 2 example pictures above, my pathfile where the "show in folder" button brought me too and the one used for the installer are the same. show in folder button is to find out where you installled the game, not needed to add something else to the pathfile at all.

also make sure to run everything with admin rights, that will prevent some future issues
hope this made it a bit clearer
if you have further questions or are just not sure about something (example mod function etc), never hesitate to ask (on this website or discord)

Thank you for that information.  That really helps, because it explains how to determine what the correct directory is.  It's also repeatable.  As I mentioned in my original suggestion, a simple and straightforward installation instructional couldn't hurt.  Thank you for your time and patience.  Pavlov777

I hate bringing this up again.  The information posted about how to confirm your directory was great and helped me get things running again.  However, no one did respond regarding the xvm portion of my question.  I've launched it in their server, but I'm not getting any stats showing up in game.  As I mentioned earlier, I seemed to remember that there is some other step that one has to take, yet I don't see where.  If someone could just point that out to me, that would be great.

Thanks Pavlov777.