consistent battle start issue

I've searched for this issue and found similar reports, but my attempts to apply the corrections have not been successful. Hope you can shed some light on my problem:

1. symptom - on first instance of starting game, the client logs in and behaves as expected until I select battle - during the battle loading process, usually while waiting for players, error message "problem with the program has caused it to stop" appears, with windows trying to find a solution - client will then close and attempt to restart. If allowed to restart, it will progress to the battle, but will be frozen - no control over vehicle, etc., if I then exit from the game a second time, and restart, I can proceed to play as normal (not withstanding how bad I am at it). All subsequent game play is typically normal, although I get random CTD - which starts the process over again.

2. Two days ago, I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, following all the recommended procedures - I played for over an hour with the vanilla client without issue;

3. I installed the mods, issue immediately appeared; 

4. mods are installed with admin rights, with firewall and antivirus whitelisted/off;

5. all my device drivers are up to date (craputer is a Gateway Intel i5-4400, 16 gig ram, Intel HD 4600 integrated GPU, NOT upgradeable due to proprietary power supply limitations)

6. I'm sure I'm missing something, but would love a little whack upside the head to get me pointed in the right direction - the issue is frustrating  -- thanks in advance.

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

23 AUG - now have reason to believe Bitdefender anti-virus is culprit - received an update to antivirus this am, and found issue with WoT to be worse, with multiple CTD during  game play - turned AV off and had no issues with log-in, loading to battle or during battle.  Anyone else with Bitdefender and perhaps a solution/list of sites to be whitelisted?

23 AUG - Solution for my issue is to turn off the AV until the game is loaded into the first battle (I turn it off for 5 minutes, turns itself back on after that period) - once I'm in the first battle, the problem doesn't appear.  Have a ticket in with bitdefender to have them figure out what their stuff has a problem with.

Edited by Wm_Raub
Solved
  • Administrator

There are some mods that are checking for updates, for world time and for internet access, if something is not met, they may cause problems with loading to battle or to display garage UI elements. I saw it in the past, hard to tell which mods, mostly russian onces in example: OTM Reloads by ZJ, ulimately try reducing mods ammount.

On 22.8.2016 at 5:54 PM, Wm_Raub said:

I've searched for this issue and found similar reports, but my attempts to apply the corrections have not been successful. Hope you can shed some light on my problem:

1. symptom - on first instance of starting game, the client logs in and behaves as expected until I select battle - during the battle loading process, usually while waiting for players, error message "problem with the program has caused it to stop" appears, with windows trying to find a solution - client will then close and attempt to restart. If allowed to restart, it will progress to the battle, but will be frozen - no control over vehicle, etc., if I then exit from the game a second time, and restart, I can proceed to play as normal (not withstanding how bad I am at it). All subsequent game play is typically normal, although I get random CTD - which starts the process over again.

2. Two days ago, I uninstalled/reinstalled the game, following all the recommended procedures - I played for over an hour with the vanilla client without issue;

3. I installed the mods, issue immediately appeared; 

4. mods are installed with admin rights, with firewall and antivirus whitelisted/off;

5. all my device drivers are up to date (craputer is a Gateway Intel i5-4400, 16 gig ram, Intel HD 4600 integrated GPU, NOT upgradeable due to proprietary power supply limitations)

6. I'm sure I'm missing something, but would love a little whack upside the head to get me pointed in the right direction - the issue is frustrating  -- thanks in advance.

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

23 AUG - now have reason to believe Bitdefender anti-virus is culprit - received an update to antivirus this am, and found issue with WoT to be worse, with multiple CTD during  game play - turned AV off and had no issues with log-in, loading to battle or during battle.  Anyone else with Bitdefender and perhaps a solution/list of sites to be whitelisted?

23 AUG - Solution for my issue is to turn off the AV until the game is loaded into the first battle (I turn it off for 5 minutes, turns itself back on after that period) - once I'm in the first battle, the problem doesn't appear.  Have a ticket in with bitdefender to have them figure out what their stuff has a problem with.

Have you asked Lil'Abner for assistance?  I hear he is good with computers.  :P