Mod Update Changes

I heard through the grapevine that there are going to be some HEAVY mod allowance changes. IDK how accurate this information is or how true it is just that supposedly there going to do it quietly and quickly. I expect a lot of people to get banned. I heard it through a friend who has been with WoW since the testing days and he apparently got an email from one of the original devs still working on the back end of things that hes friends with. I DONT think there is anything to worry about with aslains mod pack however as I am sure he/she is well informed but still wanted to say something just in case.

4 hours ago, Aslain said:

Nothing has changed indeed, and nobody can ever get banned for this modpack of mine.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/25508-01130-aslains-wows-modpack-installer/?do=findComment&comment=5746932

Thankyou I did not know this was already discussed but I had no dout you were safe as I keep telling people that you are and they dont belive me.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, clhleroy said:

Thankyou I did not know this was already discussed but I had no dout you were safe as I keep telling people that you are and they dont belive me.

You're welcome, it's a returning topic, everytime WG mention and quote their Fair Play Policy there is always many concerned users because how WG is wording their Fair Play Policy, it always sounds very scary and suggests everything but wg modpack will get you banned, but if you read it carefully and think twice, there is also this point about mods posted on official wg websites, and this is my modpack case. They always pre-moderate content their mod related websites/forums, so it's not possible to post a forbidden mods or modpacks there. I know nothing about your 60 years old friend, but users are just people and people can get a wrong impressions pretty often, despite of their age or position in a society.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, weedilt said:

Man..I LOVE ASLIAN  but Holy COW  WOS has Updates EVERY DAY now....for Quite a While.....Geesh....:( E V E R Y  DAY

You can ignore the updates if there is nothing you are using in there. Not my fault that WG broke many mods and it takes more work for the modders to adjust their mods. 🙂

• Upvote 1

LOL  i    N E V E R  ignore  your Fantastic updates....just had notice TONS lately .. hats off to all that work so hard for US. 🙂💯

P.S.   If i install updated ASLAIN  then  UPDATE GAME    will that work?   Or  must game get updated FIRST  then update aslain?  ( just always wondered IF it made any diff...as I think aslain is MOD/LOG type files...and in its own folders ??  so updateing game will not over write them ???

3 minutes ago, weedilt said:

LOL  i    N E V E R  ignore  your Fantastic updates....just had notice TONS lately .. hats off to all that work so hard for US. 🙂💯

P.S.   If i install updated ASLAIN  then  UPDATE GAME    will that work?   Or  must game get updated FIRST  then update aslain?  ( just always wondered IF it made any diff...as I think aslain is MOD/LOG type files...and in its own folders ??  so updateing game will not over write them ???

If your game isn't updated - then you won't have the newest version-numbered folder.
The modpack will create the version-numbered folder though. But the modpack will maybe complain you aren't using the modpack on the correct game version... hmm 😄