possible problem with XVM/mods and my game install

i have currently tried uninstalling/reinstalling Aslains, as well as XVM itself. i also have reset the XVM "tokens". however the same strange things happen. i can sometomes Crash To Desktop, at match start, and when i finally get back INTO the game, of course, my mods dont work.

however, often, i can load the game and play a single match fine, with all mods working. then on the very NEXT match, it may CTD or if it does load, the minimap mods nad the tank icons/ "spotted" light bulbs revert to vanilla game style.

O2sjYDF.jpg

above picture shows normal mods working...the tank icons, the mod lightbulbs,  it does not show the ability to draw arrows on minimap, but that is also working there.

then this next screenshot shows a recent example of the XVM mods not loading properly...

9rYmcCL.jpg

i can play this way but it is annoying to me.

also just today, i had a CTD at match start, approx. 2 hours ago. same result, get back into match, mods not working as they had in previous match. i have no idea why this just started, i did the "check/repair" integrity check many times over the last few days. i have now installed a second, vanilla game client, and will try to replicate these symptoms there during the weekend. i now have created the Archive Zip File as requested and will attach it here:

i can supply further info if needed. thank you for any assistance.

EDIT: i should be clear, only the in-game mods for minimap and tank icons/ light bulbs are what i notice. i am unsure of any other problems in games. there have been NO problems in garage.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

and i see from closer inspection, the FIRST image also does not have proper "dynamic HP circles" working, but the tank icons/bulbs are. i missed that, sorry.

i am sorry, i missed another thing. the second picture is during match countdown, so no lightbulbs are present. however, during the match, they show up as the vanilla game tiny version...very hard for me to see. again, im sorry i missed that detail.

Same problem here. XVM working in some battles and not in others. I say XVM not working rather than "stats not working" because when XVM is not working, the stats column does not show and even my custom 6th sense icon reverts to standard one as well. I think it started after the update before the micropatch so about 4  or 5 days.

I haven't had CTD but I've had the game hang on the countdown screen a few times and had to kill the process and restart the game to get into battle.

shot_917.jpg

shot_918.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

• Administrator
9 hours ago, omi5cron said:

i am sorry, i missed another thing. the second picture is during match countdown, so no lightbulbs are present. however, during the match, they show up as the vanilla game tiny version...very hard for me to see. again, im sorry i missed that detail.

Have you enabled the XVM stats in battle on the XVM website in your profile?

the only part of XVM "services" that i do have turned on (tick box is ticked), is the XMQP. i have never used the player stats, unless by accident, after an XVM "reset tokens". when i realize, i immediately turn them OFF (untick the boxes)

another thing i have noticed, when i hit "battle" and the queue places me into a match, the opening screen would NORMALLY show the "spinning gears" of the WoT design.

if i load to that screen and that does NOT appear, my mods do not all work for that match. sometimes i see the "spinning gears"for a micro second, but it vanishes. same result, those same in-game mods are inactive. (what i only see is the artwork splash screen, nothing else)

i will try to catch a screenshot of that split second, if it happens today.

i just "reset tokens", unticked the player service boxes and reinstalled vers. 07 of thye modpack. now will play for a while and return with some more info, i hope.

if i can add any other details, please ask.

• Administrator

Nothing else I can do for you, to bring back the stats you have to enable XVM services on XVM website and then reset tokens if it's not working for you. 

For XVM support make a topic on https://koreanrandom.com/forum/forum/57-xvm-english-support-and-discussions/ but beware that they very rarely care for problems posted by users, maybe they are busy.

had one more perfect modded match, then the third match lost the problem mods. so i will just try to play without those working, and every session do a "reset tokens" and a modpack reinstall. i also will try doing something with that brand new game install that has NOT been touched, see i f the same things happen.

now THIS is stranger!!! i logged off/on, played a match , mods working. next match, those problem mods NOT working. so i decide to just play that way. stayed logged in.

next match, the mods RETURNED, all totally fine! that is very strange. going to try another and see.

now THIS is stranger!!! i logged off/on, played a match , mods working. next match, those problem mods NOT working. so i decide to just play that way. stayed logged in.

next match, the mods RETURNED, all totally fine! that is very strange. going to try another and see.

EDIT: another fine-modded match. will try a third!

ok i finally got a screenshot of the split-second art-only screen. the first picture shows normal spalsh screen, with the "spinning wheel" design. that indicates a working match. the second picture shows the splash screen art, but NO "spinning wheel" design. that ALWAYS means the mods are not working correctly. maybe this  little info can help.

x2gpIFN.jpg

and then

5U9vMod.jpg

I had about 30 games in total yesterday. XVM related in-battle mods worked in about 1/3 of them and failed in about 2/3. It can't be the "stats" not working because the "OTM by XVM" stats colours worked fine ALL the time but other parts don't. If you look at the screenshots I posted earlier, OTM colours were there but WN8 coloumn in team list were not, the in-battle clock did not show, the XVM spotted icon on team list did not work and reverted to the WG default and my custom 6th sense icon reverted to the default.

my experiment with new install also failed. i had tried the vers. 4 of the MODpack,which had worked fine before the micropatch. games played fine a few matches...then same problem with same mods. i think its an XVM/ post-micropatch incompatiblity. doing a "reset token" on this new install, then back in to see what happens.

• Administrator

Well the truth is that XVM devs didn't update XVM for the micropatch, but from my experience they rarely does that, and I don't know why, I asked them once, and the response was "there is no need for update" and that's it, that's why I suggets to ask them on their forums.

On 6/12/2022 at 5:55 PM, Aslain said:

Well the truth is that XVM devs didn't update XVM for the micropatch, but from my experience they rarely does that, and I don't know why, I asked them once, and the response was "there is no need for update" and that's it, that's why I suggets to ask them on their forums.

I did that last night - See......

https://koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/74198-xvm-failing-12-the-time-in-battle/

No replies from XVM devs/staff yet.

i did?

i THOUGHT i did, let me check.

well i dont see it, i thought it was the first thing i removed, right after this all started happening. will try another "reset tokens" and pack reinstall. back later

definitely its NOT installed. i will now take away colored damage stickers, see what happens.

a follow up on previous problems. it seems to be from my Win7 OS. i booted to a backup Win10 OS, then played WoT. 10 straight matches and absolutely NO problems. others may have Win10 problems, but so far i have NOT. so my plans for the future...boot into Win10 for tanks and the mods, then reboot into Win7 for all my other games ( they are single player from 2016 and before). i havw WoTnaks installed on separate SSD, so i can play it from both Win7 and Win10, depending on which i decide to boot to.

this may help others. if you are able, try it.