And now for something completely different

is there any way to adjust/replace/fix the cursors on the sign-in screen and in the garage?

My eyesight is failing with age and the gray "triangle" and gray "gloved hand" are frequently hard to pick out.

I cannot even find a .cur file in the WOT directory.

Grandorf,

Do you know how accurate Trillix is?  My understanding (dated mind you) is that decompiling is not really an exact science.  Is the WoT flash coding so simple that Trillix will most certainly work?

I'm asking because I would like to try some simple modifications, but don't really want to spend $79 unless I'm pretty sure it will work.  The demo version is useless. (can't save changes)

Thanks

Just use free app like myself :) https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/ Does the same thing.

Ofcourse free app is better. Got my Trillix from a wellknown peer2peer 

software sight.

Grandorf,

Do you know how accurate Trillix is?  My understanding (dated mind you) is that decompiling is not really an exact science.  Is the WoT flash coding so simple that Trillix will most certainly work?

I'm asking because I would like to try some simple modifications, but don't really want to spend $79 unless I'm pretty sure it will work.  The demo version is useless. (can't save changes)

Thanks

I´m no wizard at flash but I found out that Trillix was ok when extracting/changing images 

and changing texts inside flash objects.

#ImBonzo

Start by finding and unzipping the Cursor.swf. 

Any decompiler should be able to extract the images of the "arrow" and "hand" et.c. 

Then recolor them in Photoshop. 

Add/overwrite them back using decompiler.

Drag and drop the changed Cursor.swf into gui.pkg with ziptool  and confirm changes.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
I´m no wizard at flash but I found out that Trillix was ok when extracting/changing images  and changing texts inside flash objects.       #ImBonzo   Start by finding and unzipping the Cursor.swf.    Any decompiler should be able to extract the images of the "arrow" and "hand" et.c.    Then recolor them in Photoshop.    Add/overwrite them back using decompiler.   Drag and drop the changed Cursor.swf into gui.pkg with ziptool  and confirm changes.

This was invaluable.

Thank you SOOOOO much.

I ended up "shopping" Decompilers and found JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler the best for me, a complete novice.

Edited by ImBonzo