Over Target Markers wont stay active !

I have been trying to get help for this issue for a couple weeks !

Basically If i got to modxvm and activate services, then start WoT, I can play one game no problems. Second game I no longer have text in the OTM's just squares in their place. Go back to modxvm and I am able to activate services again. Restart WoT and again just one game. I have posted this on the Aslain WoT forum, Korean Random XVM Forum, and WotLabs trying to find an answer, but getting little response.

I have some screenshots and logs on the WoT forum, im on a different computer now and cant post them here yet

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/35966-099-aslains-xvm-mod-modpack-v4515-11-08-2015/page__st__5340__pid__9297059#entry9297059

ASLAIN PLEASE SAVE ME !!!!

• Administrator

Hi, yeah I saw how you struggle on NA forums, could you post your latest logs here? I doubt I can reproduce this, since this looks like some mix of system issues connected with the game. Have you tried to install it on different pc btw? And really nobody on koreanrandom could help? This is the main place to search for help with XVM issues.

I dont have another PC to try Aslain, no help on korean random yet, my logs have been downloaded twice, but no responses to them. I will get on my PC and post logs here shortly.

Grandorf, its not a Win10 thing, it was doing the same on Win7, i actually upraded to 10 hoping it would reset something.

Hi

So if you play vanilla everything works fine?

Try installing (test) mods that doesnt reqiure 

XVM. WG modforum has them, try a crosshair 

and "statistics, no xvm" maybe some icons. 

Check this answer too, a symbol thats missing 

can screw up XVM.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/519016-font-problems/

If you install mods other than from Aslains modpack can 

make problems.

So delete files in "Aslain_Custom_mods" and "Aslains_DLC_cache" folders.

Its easy, you have tried different Operating Systems, different mod settings, different load cycles, basically eliminated every variable on your end.

So, what is the common thing between all of these situations, but unique to yourself.

Your connection to the XVM servers.  Have you tried taking your computer to a different network location and trying it from a friends house or starbucks or something?  

It could be a firewall, a misconfigured MTU setting, or any number of network related issues.

No, my PC is not mobile at all. I dont think is has to do with XVM anymore, since the colors remain. It seems to be an issue with the game accessing the fonts needed to display the OTM's. I dont know why this would just start happening out of nowhere though. all so frustrating !

• 2 weeks later...

Concealed_45,

I feel your pain! I'm having the same issue with no luck at fixing. I'm still using win 7. Plz post if you resolve this issue.

I thought I had solved the problem, uninstalled all my Nvidia drivers and registry entries and reinstalled with clean install option. The problem went away, played around 20 games without issue. The next day the problem returned with my second game. :-(

I have resorted to using contour Icons as my OTM's so I at least know what im up against.

Same, if you figure it out, let me know please !! 

@Concealed_45

So far I have the makers working. All I did was look at the fonts in C:\Windows\Fonts. In that folder was a corrupted or what appeared to be a corrupted  XVM font file. I deleted it reinstalled mod pack and so far its been working for one day. Tomorrow night will be the real test. Hope this helps you out.

Hi

Cleaninstall would be best but try Spybot Search & Destroy. 

It also has a fantastic startup-tool and other goodies.

HiJack This is another good software to look for strange 

softwares that seems to be interrupting youre WoT.

Here are also some nice software made for Windows:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb545027

Like Process Explorer, ProcessMonitor et.c.