9.12.3 Hit model not working

So, i posted a topic with the 9.12.2 with the same problem but i didn't have any backup images or anything, now i do, also, my brother is using the exact same Aslain configuration, same exact world of tanks as well, but he doesn't have the problem.

The problem started with the 9.12 update adding mods, cause without mods i can see the ricochet marks and bullet holes, but with mods it just doesn't work, i deleted the whole Wot folder, reinstalled it from scratch, it doesn't work, I'm running on win 7, core i5 2nd gen, GPU Nvidia GT630, running on SSD.

The images can describe the problem.

post-7258-0-68524200-1448043283_thumb.jp

post-7258-0-81665200-1448043287_thumb.jp

post-7258-0-40868700-1448043291_thumb.jp

post-7258-0-17621300-1448043295_thumb.jp

post-7258-0-18623200-1448043299_thumb.jp

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by RothmannRS

Ok, sorry about the logs, I already edited the post and there they are :).

About grandorfs comment, yes, bullet holes and ricochet, in the images i tried to show that the shots don't leave ricochet marks or penetration holes, in the images there are 2 ricochets and one penetration, and those shots are not leaving marks or holes, neither in my tank or the enemy tank.

Best regards

Edited by RothmannRS

The thing is, it seems like the hiot model or "damage stickers" are below the surface of the tanks, as you can see in the picture, there are sparks and shot, but they are kind of below the actual plate, and it has happened all the time now, I've noticed that with the HE shells, they kind of explode beneath the plate.

I attached my res_mods folder with the logs and my brother's res_mods folder with his logs.

The thing is, without mods it works, but as soon as i use any kind of mods it doesn't work, even is i redownloaded the whole game, could it be something with the grapichs card?, or some conflict between files or something?.

My data.rar

My brothers data.rar

post-7258-0-53274200-1448215497_thumb.jp

Edited by RothmannRS

Hi

Well there are some different mods between you and youre brother.

I just cant see how they would affect the graphic rendering of tanks.

This is the worrying part:

ile "scripts/client/Avatar.py", line 1868, in showTracer
ERROR: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add'
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/Avatar.py", line 1888, in explodeProjectile
ERROR: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'explode'

Aslain or someone brighter than me could figure why this shows up
despite all reinstalls you done

What I also meant was that you delete youre res_mods folder and instead 

copy over youre brothers res_mods folder into youre WoT gamefolder.

Then we know for sure if its modrelated.

So, this is what i've tried so far:

-uninstall all mods - Works

-Install QB's modpack - Doesn't work

-Install XVM only from XVM's website - Doesn't work

-Install Aslain's only XVM, Minimap, Hitlog, Autoequip - Doesn't work

-Copy the exact mods and graphic configs from my brother...... Doesn't work

My last try will be to delete WOT and copy my brothers WOT, if that doesn't work then, idk what the "·$%&!!! is happening.

Note: i have win7, he has win10, also, my antivirus (bitdefender) expired 4 days ago and now i think windows defender took control.

• Administrator

So, this is what i've tried so far:

-uninstall all mods - Works

-Install QB's modpack - Doesn't work

-Install XVM only from XVM's website - Doesn't work

-Install Aslain's only XVM, Minimap, Hitlog, Autoequip - Doesn't work

-Copy the exact mods and graphic configs from my brother...... Doesn't work

My last try will be to delete WOT and copy my brothers WOT, if that doesn't work then, idk what the "·$%&!!! is happening.

Note: i have win7, he has win10, also, my antivirus (bitdefender) expired 4 days ago and now i think windows defender took control.

That means it's caused by XVM, maybe write about it on their forums here: http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/forum/57-xvm-english-support-and-discussions/

Maybe it's related to the shadow quality in game settings now.

Could be but it has no influence on the outcome. No matter what setting I put my shadows at, I never see any marks as soon, as XVM is installed.. Quite mysterious.

At any rate, it doesn't keep me from continuing to use the best modpack out there. :)

Edited by Tinhead_Ausf_B

Could be but it has no influence on the outcome. No matter what setting I put my shadows at, I never see any marks as soon, as XVM is installed.. Quite mysterious.

At any rate, it doesn't keep me from continuing to use the best modpack out there. :)

Thats the spirit! Keep going til you see a dead white tank!

• 3 weeks later...

I attached my logs. At some point in the past (before 9.12) I used colored damage stickers but they stopped working (I noticed in 9.12). Now I uninstalled the game a couple of times, did the same with the modpack, didn't even try to load colored damage stickers again and the result is that I can't see even the default penetration holes/bounce marks.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by buster_wot

Hi,

This is what I tried:

(1) game uninstalled, everything deleted

(2) reinstalled game, played, default holes and bounce marks are visible

(3) downloaded and installed v.9.13.11 of the modpack with "recommended XVM only setting" (selected Remove the contents of th DLC cache" and "Reset game settings ..."), nothing added, nothing taken out => holes and bounce marks are invisible

First thought - XVM is to blame.

(4) uninstalled modpack (made sure there's nothing left of it in res_mods other than the 0.9.13 folder) and the default holes and bounce marks were again visible

(5) downloaded and installed XVM (I didn't mess with the any configuration files) => no holes and bounce marks are visible

Conclusion - XVM is to blame, so indeed, there's nothing you can do :( => posting the problem to XVM support forum (probably useless).

Edited by buster_wot