WoT ModPack: Slow DL Speeds ; Looking for info.

I've recently fell into a rut while using the modpack. I keep getting slower and slower download speeds, and it's getting on my nerves. My methods to fix this so far have been to:

Use command prompt as admin and use the commands ipconfig /release, ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, and ipconfig /renew. These commands over the years have helped many of times. They work by first removing current local IPv4 off your network adapter, then it removes all the information stored in the cache for DNS targets, afterwards the two last commands register a new dns route and give you a new local IPv4.

I also tried using a VPN (tunnelbear) to reroute my traffic and maybe reduce "hops", but it only went from 88kb/s to 160'ish kb/s.

If anyone has had this issue and knows of a decent work around I'd appreciate any help. I doubt geographic location would hinder my DL speed? But, I live on the West Coast. I will also give screenshots of my network speed from Speedtest.net and from google. Thank you for reading, and hopefully through some tinkering I can maybe make the download happen faster.

P.S - Current ISP is Comcast. So, I guess it's possible i'm being throttled? Also, is the modpack when DL'ing using Peer-Peer or is it coming from a Data Base/storage hub (like Drop Box or Google Docs)?

Google Speedtest.png

Speedtest Results.png

ive noticed  download speed has slow down before but as aslain says it cud be just  many people downloading at same time from aslains ,  maybe try different times  to download the mudpack ,  example don't download it as soon as its released  try downloading it at a quiet time   see if u notice a dfference

I've noticed an issue with D/L speed the past few updates. I don't download the modpack as soon as it releases, usually wait several hours as I play late at night local (CST). But its happened at different times. It could be a issue with Comcast, as I use that as well. I'm not being throttled with other D/L, as Steam pulls at 12-15 Mbps. 

I wondered if its dependent on the location and route/path being used.

I will check again as a new pack was released, will test both WOT/WOWS as I need to update both.

Could be the various things interfering.

Could be the host just being limited in speed, so it doesn't break as easily.

Coudl be any of the servers your connection passes through that has issues/slower speeds.

Even your two speed tests show two different speeds, probably since one cannot handle the full speed.

Modpack download is from the website picked, there's multiple options.

DLC download inside the modpack, is from one webhost. No p2p stuff going on.

I'm using the direct link when choosing a download option, and I will post what my speeds are for the exe and for when I install the DLC.

download link #1.

image.png.f520c498251ce918f90cad9e26de521b.png

download link #2.

image.png.eb0f8240c52f38c4ca9171c35acfa5fb.png

download link #4.

image.png.8ad9b3848bd9a4e5540d579e0a0ff868.png

As of 12/26/19 5:28 PM PST these are the only options I can select. So, judging from the speeds I should be using option #4. But, I like the mods the other two options have. My original issue was actually about installing the DLC from the modpack installer. My current selection of mods requires at least 46.6MB of disk space, and my current network speeds should have it completed in seconds. I use the recommended options that I've read in the forums from other posts as well. I will show segments of my download speeds from various segments.

image.png.8ab39fdb98fc54a5f530e0815eda8d4b.pngimage.png.e7f82b4e69380193a86b044144026bdb.png

image.png

image.png.90aafdd4577aa78378363012cad37ad0.png

I understand that the mods in question from these screenshots are quite "large", but I only have selected a few of the mods I would like to use. If I selected for example the Hitzone skin mod for Esther, it would make my remaining time just under an hour to over an hour.

image.png.be884fea8b69249dec7f38e15eb6b704.pngimage.png.284a798e083409865faa5c5be00e2480.png

This is how long I typically wait to install the DLC present with the modpack. Which is more than ok, because I want the mods and i'm willing to wait. But, if there was a way I could get them faster it would be amazing. I'm open to all suggestion's. If there happens to be nothing I can do, then I'll carry on and enjoy the down time from tanks. :p

Also, It never occurred to me that my browser could also be acting up and failing to properly download the installer at faster speeds?

Edited by AvoidedDoughnut