WoT Aslain mod pack CLIENT DETECTION issue

Go to solution Solved by Mollari777,

The new "client detection" issue prevents me from installing the mod into a custom folder.

I always install mods into a custom folder and then use JSGME to enable or disable them, in order to ensure that my game files remain clean, and to have the ability to disable and enable the mods very quickly without having to delete and reinstall.

This new feature is trying to FORCE me to install the mod into where it wants, versus where I want it to be installed. This is unreasonable.

Can we please have the ability to install in custom folders again. This is pretty much a mod pack breaking feature for me.

Edited by Mollari777

You can also launch WoT in safe mode which starts the game without mods enabled

5 hours ago, Mollari777 said:

to have the ability to disable and enable the mods very quickly without having to delete and reinstall.

Mods are in mod folders and doesnt mess with game files

5 hours ago, Mollari777 said:

to ensure that my game files remain clean

7 hours ago, Aslain said:

I will check it tomorrow. You can still install to custom folders by browse the directory but it will not allow to install there if game files are not found.

That's exactly my problem. I always installed your mod-pack into a custom folder INSIDE the World Of Tanks directory, but now it won't let me.

Why wouldn't a strong warning be enough, like it always was?

Could you, please, allow it again. I would very much appreciate it.

Edited by Mollari777
30 minutes ago, Mollari777 said:

That's exactly my problem. I always installed your mod-pack into a custom folder INSIDE the World Of Tanks directory, but now it won't let me.

Why wouldn't a strong warning be enough, like it always was?

Could you, please, allow it again. I would very much appreciate it.

sure it was not intended this way.
just tested more and indeed browse is not working correctly, not sure why i did not picked it up during testing.
will be looked at to change it back, thanks for the info btw.

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Mollari777 said:

You're awesome, Aslain. Great thanks! Dzieki wielkie!

I'm not sure if your issue can be addressed, it's very complicated.

For now, easiest solution will be to manually create new folder, and copy that files from original game there every new game patch:
image.png.190d4122c81c2d1df306a7f43bc985dc.png

48 minutes ago, Aslain said:

So the only way for now I found is to trick it that way:

• make new folder and copy your game files there
  • point the installer to install there
  • copy your mods from this game clone folder to the original folder from where you play

This cloned game folder will be called Standalone in the installer, you can experiment and delete some files to reduce the size but I don't know if will confinue to detect it if you do.

Are there a few specific files the installer looks for, so that I don't have to copy the entire game?

10 minutes ago, Aslain said:

For now, easiest solution will be to manually create new folder, and copy that files from original game there every new game patch:

But this wasn't an issue one version ago. Why has this been implemented?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mollari777 said:

Are there a few specific files the installer looks for, so that I don't have to copy the entire game?

But this wasn't an issue one version ago. Why has this been implemented?

Yes, the checker is searching for that files, if they are not present it will show message that client not found.

It was implemented because too many users cannot find proper folder to install the modpack, and I have to lose time explaining it everytime, it's the most common user problem.

15 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Yes, the checker is searching for that files, if they are not present it will show message that client not found.

It was implemented because too many users cannot find proper folder to install the modpack, and I have to lose time explaining it everytime, it's the most common user problem.

That's understandable, but there still should be an option to customize.

• Solution
20 hours ago, Aslain said:

This works. Unnecessary pain in the rear end, though.

Thanks for the work-around.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Mollari777 said:

This works. Unnecessary pain in the rear end, though.

Thanks for the work-around.

Yeah I know, but believe me there is more people who cannot find where to install the modpack than users who are using a non-standard way of installation for the modpack.

• 1 month later...