Jump to content
TTimoNN

General DLC server bug reporting. (Downloading issues only!)

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Unable to complete downloads again for larger files. Tried adding the hit zone skins and it goes great for the first 30-50 MB it downloads then i get the error in the screenshot

Screenshot (216).png

I tuned down the keepalive timeout because of the recent spike in traffic.

 

A few people might fall between the boat because of this.

 

Dealing with slow connections keeps the server busy for longer than a fast connection would.

 

I will tune these values further in the coming days.

 

Either 10k people get their download finished within a reasonable time, or everyone will be punished for those few people (so far only you) with slower connections.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one of the worst internet speeds  around , 200-300kbps  download speed ,   my isp only provides me  with a 2 meg line  because I stay in a rural village,  , but I can download  quite easily but takes a bit longer , takes me 8- 10 mins to download aslains installer  120mb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TTimoNN said:

I tuned down the keepalive timeout because of the recent spike in traffic.

 

A few people might fall between the boat because of this.

 

Dealing with slow connections keeps the server busy for longer than a fast connection would.

 

I will tune these values further in the coming days.

 

Either 10k people get their download finished within a reasonable time, or everyone will be punished for those few people (so far only you) with slower connections.

My connection speed isn't slow, it's 60 Mbps........ All I know is it's a problem that was fixed before and is now not working as it was....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

My connection speed isn't slow, it's 60 Mbps........ All I know is it's a problem that was fixed before and is now not working as it was....

Try dl again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TTimoNN said:

Try dl again.

fail from the start, never got any bit of it downloaded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

fail from the start, never got any bit of it downloaded

Everything fine here

tmp_8142-Screenshot_20170128-230045-1823519796.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tweaked settings back to normal.

 

hitzone_skins_by_GoHaru_HD_917.7z     22%[==============>                                                     ] 122.67M  20.0KB/s    eta 6h 7m

122MB at a capped 20KB/s speed running for nearly two hours, not a single timeout.

 

I can't help you/your connection any more than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by Davidinlv82's latest screenshot, the problem happens at hop 8 and forward, before reaching the DLC server. So it's something in between him and the DLC server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Going by Davidinlv82's latest screenshot, the problem happens at hop 8 and forward, before reaching the DLC server. So it's something in between him and the DLC server.

No, crossing the Atlantic ocean and seeing an increase of around 100ms is normal. Especially when the traffic needs to be delivered to people's homes (they usually get cheaper/slower routes).

The problem is related to my server cutting off his connection because he's not responding in time, this time value being 60 seconds with the current configuration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you had the problem fixed and now its not working again, weird and entirely frustrating. I have a strange question though....  if I was to download it through the torrent doesn't it still come from the same place? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TTimoNN said:

No, crossing the Atlantic ocean and seeing an increase of around 100ms is normal. Especially when the traffic needs to be delivered to people's homes (they usually get cheaper/slower routes).

The problem is related to my server cutting off his connection because he's not responding in time, this time value being 60 seconds with the current configuration.

Ah yeah, disregard my post then :) For some reason I was thinking packet loss, and it started from there, but it is just the latency that goes up, and I do know about the Atlantic crossing causing that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Well you had the problem fixed and now its not working again, weird and entirely frustrating. I have a strange question though....  if I was to download it through the torrent doesn't it still come from the same place? 

 

Torrent is not HTTP, so it uses a completely different protocol to transfer data.

 

Are you still having timeout issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TTimoNN said:

Torrent is not HTTP, so it uses a completely different protocol to transfer data.

 

Are you still having timeout issues?

I am yes but I got the torrent file from Aslain and was able to apply it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

I am yes but I got the torrent file from Aslain and was able to apply it.

Alright, good to know.

All settings were back to when you didn't have the issues and you still have the issues.

 

So the tweaks were probably a coincidence with a different issue.

I'm leeching at a capped 250KB/s connection over tor and I can get a stable connection for over 45 minutes now.

I'm amazed that you've not run into these issues on other servers outside the US.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I didn't know you reverted them, I can try again and see if I do or not, but as of yesterday morning the answer is yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok this is getting out of hand and there needs to be a solution. 10 minutes to download a 3MB DLC file? @Aslain Maybe it would be beneficial to just have a torrent source for the DLC files somewhere. It takes me 1/3 the time to get them from the torrent than it does waiting for the installer. The installer just had me limited to 72KBps on my latest download.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problems here.

I'll investigate if you're not the only person out of the thousands that is having issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Ok this is getting out of hand and there needs to be a solution. 10 minutes to download a 3MB DLC file? @Aslain Maybe it would be beneficial to just have a torrent source for the DLC files somewhere. It takes me 1/3 the time to get them from the torrent than it does waiting for the installer. The installer just had me limited to 72KBps on my latest download.... 

 

Meanwhile there is a chance for torrent support in the installer, BegiN will try to implement it when he finds time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aslain said:

 

Meanwhile there is a chance for torrent support in the installer, BegiN will try to implement it when he finds time.

That would be awesome. I can't wait to see something that will work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Some of my Clan members have problems to download Files from the DLC Server,

my Girlfriend, same internet connection as i, had problems to download the UT anouncer and the EU_clanicons_Full. She retryed to download both and the UT Anouncer downloaded but noch the Clan Icons. The other member i didnt know what files he have the download Problem. But i try to find out witch files he cant download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Basilius_Fleischlein said:

Hi,

Some of my Clan members have problems to download Files from the DLC Server,

my Girlfriend, same internet connection as i, had problems to download the UT anouncer and the EU_clanicons_Full. She retryed to download both and the UT Anouncer downloaded but noch the Clan Icons. The other member i didnt know what files he have the download Problem. But i try to find out witch files he cant download.

 

But what happens? File is missing or ? In case of missing files, please provide file names that cannot be downloaded, they are visible on downloading window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 14 Minuten schrieb Aslain:

 

But what happens? File is missing or ? In case of missing files, please provide file names that cannot be downloaded, they are visible on downloading window.

The Problem with the Modpack of my Girlfriend i have fixed because i had the files she can't download in my DLC Folder :) that was clanicons-full-EU-AUG-2016.7z and utannouncer_female_andre_917_3.7z

 

for the other meber of my clan i try to figure out what files he cant download give me a few minutes

he had installed it now new and had no problems with downloading o.O

Edited by Basilius_Fleischlein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been having issues with specifically downloading the (recently added I believe) Witblitz Contour icons. Only had the problem once 9.18 modpack releases. All other downloads seem to work just fine to include the icon's I resort to. Aslain's 3D icons with roman tiers. In looking into it, seems the name has changed in the .7z file that needs to be downloaded. 

 

The attempted download file is "contouricons_Witblitz_NeonAlt_9.18.7z" but it seems that the name has changed to "contouricons_Witblitz_Neon_Aslains_9.18.7z". 

 

Capture.PNG.f00140a03170187a148b9d307d8a29d9.PNGCapture2.PNG.882c9c87e05adfe1fec8abbe5bf031e1.PNG

 

Thanks for the work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixed the file names.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.9.18.0_20

Windows 10 Pro

 

I can't download content.

 

Logs attached.

 

Thanks!

aslain.png

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was fixed around 7h ago.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's back online.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×