Jump to content

1.9 update


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, zavar said:

I played about 12 games with combo Aslain's install and the latest XVM nightly build (8.4.1_0015 at the moment), seems to be working ok for me at the moment.  Latest XVM nighlty build can be downloaded from https://nightly.modxvm.com/.  I merged the xvm_latest.zip into my current 1.8.0.2 #3 Aslains install as per below:

  1. Goto your World_of_Tanks installation folder.
  2. In your mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.  In the mods\ folder delete the temp folder
  3. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your mods\1.9.0.0 folder, say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  4. In your res_mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.
  5. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your res_mods\1.9.0.0 folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  6. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\mods folder to your res_mods\mods folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  7. Extract the contacts of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder to your res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.

 

Thank you for the help.  Unfortunately I must have an actual broken mod installed, the game screws up when I click "Battle"... but it was worth a shot, TY

 

 

 

Edited by KrK
Link to comment
3 hours ago, zavar said:

I played about 12 games with combo Aslain's install and the latest XVM nightly build (8.4.1_0015 at the moment), seems to be working ok for me at the moment.  Latest XVM nighlty build can be downloaded from https://nightly.modxvm.com/.  I merged the xvm_latest.zip into my current 1.8.0.2 #3 Aslains install as per below:

  1. Goto your World_of_Tanks installation folder.
  2. In your mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.  In the mods\ folder delete the temp folder
  3. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your mods\1.9.0.0 folder, say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  4. In your res_mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.
  5. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your res_mods\1.9.0.0 folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  6. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\mods folder to your res_mods\mods folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  7. Extract the contacts of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder to your res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.

 

Hope this helps folks until Aslain has what he needs to update.

 

Works like a charm.  You da man!

Link to comment

I tried cutting & pasting res_mods & mods folders with the new name, but didn't do the xvm update. Might explain why nothing worked & I actually caused the game to refuse to start. Somehow I corrupted DirectX. Played vanilla since after fixing DirectX. 

 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, zavar said:

I played about 12 games with combo Aslain's install and the latest XVM nightly build (8.4.1_0015 at the moment), seems to be working ok for me at the moment.  Latest XVM nighlty build can be downloaded from https://nightly.modxvm.com/.  I merged the xvm_latest.zip into my current 1.8.0.2 #3 Aslains install as per below:

  1. Goto your World_of_Tanks installation folder.
  2. In your mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.  In the mods\ folder delete the temp folder
  3. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your mods\1.9.0.0 folder, say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  4. In your res_mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.
  5. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your res_mods\1.9.0.0 folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  6. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\mods folder to your res_mods\mods folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  7. Extract the contacts of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder to your res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.

 

Hope this helps folks until Aslain has what he needs to update.

 

I just did this, and my game broke in horrible, terrible, awful ways...

Link to comment
5 hours ago, zavar said:

I played about 12 games with combo Aslain's install and the latest XVM nightly build (8.4.1_0015 at the moment), seems to be working ok for me at the moment.  Latest XVM nighlty build can be downloaded from https://nightly.modxvm.com/.  I merged the xvm_latest.zip into my current 1.8.0.2 #3 Aslains install as per below:

  1. Goto your World_of_Tanks installation folder.
  2. In your mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.  In the mods\ folder delete the temp folder
  3. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your mods\1.9.0.0 folder, say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  4. In your res_mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.
  5. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your res_mods\1.9.0.0 folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  6. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\mods folder to your res_mods\mods folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  7. Extract the contacts of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder to your res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.

 

Hope this helps folks until Aslain has what he needs to update.

 

Thank you, this works for me....

 

Using it now while waiting for  v1.9.0.0 #01

Link to comment
14 hours ago, BarSinister said:

like playing with sunglasses on, can't see whats going on everything seams dull. Aslain makes wot playable keep up the great work!

its like   u jump in yer race car    then have to jump back into yer daily runabout lol

Link to comment
  • Moderator
1 hour ago, castamir said:

Can I ask if Aslain works for the 32 bit version that is available in WOT start up?

 

I tried downloading Aslain but did not seem to work?

 

Many thanks

32-bit is best to start, since XVM doesn't have 64-bit support just yet. Your mileage may vary using 64-bit client.

Link to comment

Quaksen many thanks for your reply.

 

I did not make myself very clear I downloaded Aslain and it works fine for the now "normal" WOT start up  which I believe is the 64 bit by default Aslain works fine in that.

 

However if i choose the 32 bit version in the WOT start up then Aslain does not seem to work.

 

What am I idoing wrong?

 

 

Link to comment
  • Moderator
10 minutes ago, castamir said:

Quaksen many thanks for your reply.

 

I did not make myself very clear I downloaded Aslain and it works fine for the now "normal" WOT start up  which I believe is the 64 bit by default Aslain works fine in that.

 

However if i choose the 32 bit version in the WOT start up then Aslain does not seem to work.

 

What am I idoing wrong?

No clue. You'd have to try and create a logs set and best make another thread for that report?

 

My game starts fine using 32-bit version. Maybe your logs will have some clues.

 

And yes, default is 64-bit if your computer supports it and has enough memory.

Link to comment

Just download the modpack from the last google drive link, install it to any folder and then copy mods and res_mods folders to your WoT installation, overwrite files if necessary and finally delete 1.9.0.1 folders from mods and res_mods and rename 1.9.0.0 to 1.9.0.1

Link to comment
  • Moderator
4 minutes ago, Predator569 said:

Just download the modpack from the last google drive link, install it to any folder and then copy mods and res_mods folders to your WoT installation, overwrite files if necessary and finally delete 1.9.0.1 folders from mods and res_mods and rename 1.9.0.0 to 1.9.0.1

Or just use the 1.9.0.1 modpack, since it's released.. and another modpack update coming later.

Link to comment
53 minutes ago, Prensa_de_guerra said:

hi, since update 1.9 the game quits unexpectedly. I don't know if the mod has to do with this.
It happens to someone else?

I have the same problem, when i win a battle, and the game is finished by itself(i survive /dont click quit to garage)the game freezes, when i try to alt+tab my screen goes black, and i cant close the game/enter another program so i have to restart pc... It's not hapening with qbs modpack.. tried it yday... But i want this modpack, i ve been using it for months..

Edited by ob3l1x
Link to comment
1 hour ago, ob3l1x said:

I have the same problem, when i win a battle, and the game is finished by itself(i survive /dont click quit to garage)the game freezes, when i try to alt+tab my screen goes black, and i cant close the game/enter another program so i have to restart pc... It's not hapening with qbs modpack.. tried it yday... But i want this modpack, i ve been using it for months..

I am having the same issue i had to uninstall it and the problem went away there is something wrong in the mods that is causing it.

Link to comment

I am having the same issues with the game freezing after the game ends in victory or defeat.  wont go back to garage either.  I have to restart PC in order to play game again.  I have also had to reload the game because at the load up screan it froze before the countdown ever started. 

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.